No. It may be possible in the future through Walt, but right now, no.
You can. It’s called an EC or Debit Card.
Most of them have wireless functionality, and they work without Google, Apple, Visa/Mastercard* eavesdropping on every transaction you make.
*) actually not sure they can be avoided.
They can… if you put your card in an RFID secure case. I know… I have one. But of course, that force me to actually move my card out of my case, when paying. ![]()
One thing you might want to consider before sinking $$$ into a product that might not suit your needs: get a cheap, supported device (XA2, 10iii, something along these lines) and test drive SFOS before making the jump for food.
Hi, I have a question. There are no customs duties charged to Europe, right?
Not within the EU since Finland is part of it
-One question: do apps like those for Xbox, Nintendo, or PS work?
Is it very difficult to install apps? Or is it like any normal app store such as Steam, the Apple Store, or the Google Play Store?
-It seems easy to repair, but does it have manufacturer support with parts?
Apparently, there were problems with the previous model.
Second question
Installing Android apps is as easy as installing native apps. A popular app store for Android apps is Aurora store.
So far, Jolla was very good with spare part supply. You could get for instance new screens or batteries for the Jolla 1 (from 2013) even in 2023. They already have repair kits for instance for the camera glass covers of the new Jolla Phone 2026. This is written in their blog in this forum:
If you make sure to agree to the Android App support installation at the initial launch (together with MicroG), it should be fairly straight forward. You can easily install Aurora and F-Droid from the Jolla Store and from there Aurora is bascially a degoogled Google Play store. Some apps will not work properly (especially those with special security requirements) but most should.
If you want to make use of native SailfishOS apps, as much as possible, have a look here: My Sailfish OS Journey: I have my Jolla Phone, what now?
You should install the stores “Storeman” and Chum" because the official Jolla Store doesn’t offer many native community based apps. Most community apps can be easily installed via one of these stores however some are so experimental that installation will be more complicated and require developer mode and the terminal. Best thing is to have a look at the forum for specific native apps and see what state they are in. You don’t need to go down that route if that is too nitty gritty for you.
Plaustation Apps work. Normal PS App, PS Family without problems, PS Second Screen can’t connect to the controller.
Hi! Complete newbie here- please be a little patient. Not sure if this the right place to ask- so:
I just bought my most expensive device: Fairphone6. I did not know sailfishOS, and I never heard about Jolla -
. Now I learn about a Linux-driven way to leave Android- that is great. Now I cannot buy another expensive device, the Jolla phone. Therefore my question: is here anybody expecting a new phone and considers to sell the C2?
Please inform me - I would be very glad. And: tell me please if it here was the totally wrong place to ask! c
@abo
A community port of SFOS for Fairphone 6 is in progress (I read somewhere, try searching the forum).
SFOS was successfully ported to FP5 previously.
I would wait for the community port of Sailfish OS for the FP6. It is much better hardware than the C2.
Ah -I see - thank you. I’ll keep learning!
A cheap way to try out Sailfish would be to get a used Sony Xperia 10 III. For me, this has been the best SFOS phone before the Jolla phone 2026.
Flash it with the free-of-charge trial version, which is actually the full OS minus features like Android App Support and MS Exchange integration. To get these, spend €25 at https://shop.jolla.com. (I currently don’t recommend newer Sony devices like the 10 IV or 10 V.)
Check the installation instructions here, especially about the specific Sony models supported and how to check that the bootloader is unlocked:
(There are also the community ports by @Mister_Magister and for some Fairphones. I lack experience from these.)
Hear Hear
Cheapest way to get sfos is Motorola Moto G2
Best way to try sfos without AAS is miami aka Motorola Edge 30 Neo
Pick your preferred device at https://verdanditeam.com/
Hi, yeah, thanks for your recommodations. I’d read that, too. I decided to go with the Fairphone partly because I don’t want to contribute to electronic waste anymore. So, Jolla as an alternative or a build for the Fairphone—those seem to be the options. I’m really curious to see what SailfishOS is like—but waiting can’t hurt🫤
Isn’t the best way to refrain from electronic waste buying a second hand device?
Buying second hand phone is doing opposite, its saving old phone from landfill. And i’ve been using my G2 since 2015
Just a lil counterargument, mal makes the fairphone ports and he’s father of all ports
tha goat
that’s the first and second one in Reduce, Reuse, Recycle