There is NO way this update was tested. Nothing hardly works

Even if it is let go the frustration if you are lucky with your device, why do you keep commenting here.

Review my post history. Go even further back to TJC or TMO, and you’ll see that I provide solutions to problems that exist because of limited manpower (on Jolla’s part), which is the very nature of community-driven open (or even semi-open, in this case) software. What have you done?

You just keep adding frustration with your nonsense.

No, I keep highlighting the real and actual issue here: some people aren’t happy with their perceptions not being met, and using their (admittedly limited) experience as justification for vitriol and contrived nonsense.

we do not want workarounds

I think that says it all, doesn’t it? You don’t want solutions to your problems, you just want to complain about the problems. Making any effort is too difficult, so let’s do the next best thing… lambaste the people who are making the effort. Great idea!

we want working software and as I stated many times - the attitude is the problem and nothing else.

My software works. So does most everyone else’s. Think about that for a minute or two. Sure, there are caveats and inconsequential issues here and there, but there are solutions, by and large, to make this platform perfectly suitable for day to day usage. Want to know the quickest way to get the working software that you want? File appropriate bug reports. Go through official channels. Avoid posting passive aggressive remarks, blanket statements or pointless diatribes.

If you have lived with shit and got used to the smell of shit, than shit here or shit there does not make a difference.

Perhaps you’re misrepresenting where the “shit” is coming from…

my problem is that the guys do introduce API changes and and change other stuff and the system works worse and worse after each upgrade.
The IntexAqua has only one issue. The 10 II has 10. I managed to fix most on the 3.3.0.16 and got my X frozen there.

Did you file appropriate bug reports, test known workarounds, apply patches or do anything at all other than complain about Jolla? That’s a serious question.

It is unbelievable how Jolla is releasing such software. Starting with 3.4 it degraded massively.

How, exactly? My experience on four devices has been the exact opposite. It gets better with each release, minor annoyances or fixable regressions notwithstanding.

We demand more careful testing and perhaps less frequent but more stable releases.

Do you really think you’re in a position to demand anything? Let’s be real here.

All that aside, was there a point you were making, or did you just want to complain about not wanting to do anything for yourself?

2 Likes

He or She wants to get the thread shut down. He flagged before and tnow he is just trolling the less fortunate of us user.

He had mailed me directly with some nonsense and asked me my age which was creepy and I warned him to leave me alone… but now he just shows up here bullet pointing nonsense about what we as users should do and should expect.

As for logs… I ran the tool but I dont feel comfortable sending my personal information back to jolla. I have no Idea what its exposing especially since the Os may be malfunctioning. I value my privacy.

So for now the devs will have use my big report if they even care about what was reported.

Hopefully they do and will not be hyperfocusedon how it was reported like our friend here is…

He or She wants to get the tread shut down. He flagged before now he is just trolling the less fortunate of user.

I didn’t flag anything. If you’re going to accuse me of anything, at least make sure it’s founded in reality. I want this thread to stay open to serve as an example of “what not to do”. When people behave like you, it puts a damper on the entire process. It’s important that people see how this plays out so they have a better understanding of how this community is supposed to operate.

Put it on full display. Air your grievances, but don’t be surprised when someone puts you in your place.

He had mailed me directly with some nonsense and asked me my age which was creepy and I warned him to leave me alone…

No, I didn’t. That is an outright lie, which can be confirmed by site administrators. You’re resorting to special pleading and lying because your untenable positions don’t hold up to any scrutiny.

but now he just shows up here bullet pointing nonsense about what we as users should do and should expect.

It bears repeating. If you’d like to contend with reality, I suggest you prepare your arguments a little better. You know, instead of lying.

As for logs… I ran the tool but I dont feel comfortable sending my personal information back to jolla. I have no Idea what its exposing especially since the Os may be malfunctioning. I value my privacy

Sure. I believe you!

So for now the devs will have use my big report if they even care about what was reported.

You didn’t file a bug report. Why can’t you understand this?

Hopefully they do and will not be hyperfocusedon how it was reported like our friend here is…

In order to address a bug, developers have to be made aware of the real and actual issue, with substantive supporting information. Saying “eVeRyThInG Is bOrKeD WhY JoLlA So bAd” isn’t a bug report.

As an aside, I’m not your friend. I don’t make a habit of befriending angry people or liars.

2 Likes

Post logs of me “mailing you directly”. I’ll wait.

2 Likes

op says the phone is X2A - that’s the problem …

2 Likes

Have a look here: [4.3.0.12] Jolla camera (also torch) does not start at all - as well as videos do not play (direct link to solution)

Even if it is let go the frustration if you are lucky with your device, why do you keep commenting here.

Review my post history. Go even further back to TJC or TMO, and you’ll see that I provide solutions to problems that exist because of limited manpower (on Jolla’s part), which is the very nature of community-driven open (or even semi-open, in this case) software. What have you done?

Firstly if you want to have your ego in the spot light, please do it somewhere else. It is not your business what I have done and if you are smart enough you could find out yourself.
I also do not ask for your workarounds. I personally ask for better QA and more stability.
Secondly Jolla is a company and the community has nothing to do with the company … your statement is false.
It is not the community project we are talking about here - it is the official releases Jolla makes as a company.

You just keep adding frustration with your nonsense.

No, I keep highlighting the real and actual issue here: some people aren’t happy with their perceptions not being met, and using their (admittedly limited) experience as justification for vitriol and contrived nonsense.

Funny, that no one asked for your opinion how you persive the world. Also interesting how you are insulting people by stating “(admittedly limited) experience”. You are lucky you are not around.

we do not want workarounds

I think that says it all, doesn’t it? You don’t want solutions to your problems, you just want to complain about the problems. Making any effort is too difficult, so let’s do the next best thing… lambaste the people who are making the effort. Great idea!

Also very interesting that you call workaround a solution. You are insulting again!

we want working software and as I stated many times - the attitude is the problem and nothing else.

My software works. So does most everyone else’s. Think about that for a minute or two. Sure, there are caveats and inconsequential issues here and there, but there are solutions, by and large, to make this platform perfectly suitable for day to day usage. Want to know the quickest way to get the working software that you want? File appropriate bug reports. Go through official channels. Avoid posting passive aggressive remarks, blanket statements or pointless diatribes.

Please give us a break! And thank you in advance for not answering me.

If you have lived with shit and got used to the smell of shit, than shit here or shit there does not make a difference.

Perhaps you’re misrepresenting where the “shit” is coming from…

I am quite sure they can do better. If they could remove all bugs from Harmattan and we know what “all” means, then they really can do it, but they do not want to do it, so it is getting worse and worse with each release.
We just let our frustration out. I do not see why I should have two devices and I should spent time debugging stuff. It is the same disaster as with linux desktops - it is the same mentality - perhaps it is the same people.

my problem is that the guys do introduce API changes and and change other stuff and the system works worse and worse after each upgrade.
The IntexAqua has only one issue. The 10 II has 10. I managed to fix most on the 3.3.0.16 and got my X frozen there.

Did you file appropriate bug reports, test known workarounds, apply patches or do anything at all other than complain about Jolla? That’s a serious question.

You are missing the point again. It is not about the bug reports or workarounds. It is about the number of issues that are coming with each new release.
But to inform you, yes, I reported the issues. Some of them were solved, some not. The IntexAqua was not fixed.

It is unbelievable how Jolla is releasing such software. Starting with 3.4 it degraded massively.

How, exactly? My experience on four devices has been the exact opposite. It gets better with each release, minor annoyances or fixable regressions notwithstanding.

Missing the point again. It is the many new issues.

We demand more careful testing and perhaps less frequent but more stable releases.

Do you really think you’re in a position to demand anything? Let’s be real here.

Yes, I do, as long as I have relation with Jolla, I definitely do.

All that aside, was there a point you were making, or did you just want to complain about not wanting to do anything for yourself?

Yes, there is a point, but I am not sure you are getting this point. The point is : Jolla and the software are great, but the QA is bad and recently it comes too often to buggy releases. It is getting annoying!

I hope you get it and leave your irrelevant stories. Again thank you in advance!

2 Likes

Hi

I now proclaim myself to be the “forum police”… Please slow down or stop… This is not helping anyone.

7 Likes

Firstly if you want to have your ego in the spot light, please do it somewhere else.

This has nothing to do with ego. It is a statement of fact. If that fact offends you, then that’s your issue. Not mine.

It is not your business what I have done and if you are smart enough you could find out yourself.

Right. Given that “logic”, it’s none of your business what I type in this thread. Am I getting that right?

I also do not ask for your workarounds.

So, essentially exactly what I said earlier? “I don’t want a solution, I want to complain about the problem!”

Odd.

I personally ask for better QA and more stability.

You don’t know how this works at all, do you?

Secondly Jolla is a company and the community has nothing to do with the company … your statement is false.

… What? This is what this community is for.

It is not the community project we are talking about here - it is the official releases Jolla makes as a company.

… Which are discussed in this community, up to and including real and actual bug reports. Astonishing.

Funny, that no one asked for your opinion how you persive the world.

Funny, this has absolutely nothing to do with opinions, which was my point.

Also interesting how you are insulting people by stating “(admittedly limited) experience”

That wasn’t an insult. It was a statement of fact. The supporting evidence is in this very thread.

You are lucky you are not around.

… I’m lucky I’m not around what? What does that even mean? Inferring from context, that sounds like a threat. Are you so upset with reality that you’re threatening people now? How… quaint.

Also very interesting that you call workaround a solution.

A workaround literally is a solution.

You are insulting again!

That wasn’t an insult.

Please give us a break! And thank you in advance for not answering me.

A break from what, exactly? This is becoming cyclic.

I am quite sure they can do better. If they could remove all bugs from Harmattan and we know what “all” means, then they really can do it, but they do not want to do it, so it is getting worse and worse with each release.

Hint: this isn’t Harmattan. Remember, Harmattan was a Nokia product. Nokia had substantially more staffing, more funding, and more commercial presence. Moreover, your statement is qualitatively wrong.

We just let our frustration out.

Bug reports aren’t the place for venting or vitriol, which is the point I have been making – repeatedly – since I became involved in this thread.

I do not see why I should have two devices and I should spent time debugging stuff.

Then… don’t?

It is the same disaster as with linux desktops - it is the same mentality - perhaps it is the same people.

What are you on about now? What does Linux on the desktop have to do with Sailfish, Jolla, or anything in this thread?

You are missing the point again.

No, I’m quite literally not.

It is not about the bug reports or workarounds. It is about the number of issues that are coming with each new release.

… Which are addressed through actual bug reports. Why is this a difficult concept to grasp?

But to inform you, yes, I reported the issues. Some of them were solved, some not. The IntexAqua was not fixed.

Is that ancient thing still supported? I thought it went extinct with the JP1.

Missing the point again. It is the many new issues.

Yeah, the many new issues that are so prevalent that every Sailfish user is experiencing them with every device, on every revision. It’s completely unusable!

Do you see how hyperbolic (and pointless) that sounds?

Yes, I do, as long as I have relation with Jolla, I definitely do.

Hilariously, you’re missing the point.

Yes, there is a point, but I am not sure you are getting this point. The point is : Jolla and the software are great, but the QA is bad and recently it comes too often to buggy releases. It is getting annoying!

The hyperbole is what’s getting annoying, in earnest. Passive aggressive “bug reports”, exaggeration and ridiculous expectations? Good idea!

I hope you get it and leave your irrelevant stories. Again thank you in advance!

… What?

In all seriousness, why don’t you go back to Android or something better suited to your expectations?

2 Likes

I have what ever the appoved sony phone is… has Jolla HQ stated they are no longer supporting the phone…

Why.is the x2A a problem…can you share?

I think his point was that there is no “X2A”.

2 Likes

I’d think we’d all be grateful if both of you (808 and Deprecated) would just stop now. This thread is now just a schoolyard slanging match, long since devoid of any positive contribution :disappointed:

5 Likes

Sorry - I was just being light; I thought a little humor might help… Anyway, my 2 cents here is that nobody on this forum has a hard time with you pointing out that there are problems, (even many problems). Mist of us have known it for years… There’s just a way to communicate… Almost every forum you will ever visit, (except that it’s maybe devoted to anarchy), will have a “Read This Before Posting”-type of post that states general guidelines of what’s acceptable in the content of a post, (FAQ - Sailfish OS Forum). There’s a general agreement here that your initial post, and several others since, have not held to that standard.

If you just change the title and contents of the original post, and simply lay out the specifics of what’s not working, without the strong attitude or insults, all of these same people will not only be able to help with most of it, but will actually agree and appreciate your points, and even hit the “like” button …

:slight_smile: :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Mine is working yours apparently not.
Must be the OS!

1 Like

Watch out! We are right behind you.:slight_smile:

1 Like

lets just let it be… it’s not worth it. The devs have plenty to work with in regards to the bugs and issues reported by multiple people in this report thread. he or she is not important as it relates to who we report issues to.

Hopefully the next release will be better.
Thanks everyone.

2 Likes

Indeed, it must be, for it happened after the latest update (4.3). This update was/is full of bugs.

2 Likes

Adding to this bug report…I wanted make sure I could reproduce the issue.

If a sms message comes in while thethe smssms app is up and you close it. I will not open a again and just spins. At that point other apps will not load. In this case the clock app will not start.

The window tiles will just spin and after about 10 or so seconds it just goes away. Most apps stop loading. The browser will still load when The phone is in this state. As an example I took another screen shot whike tapping this message out and native messaging app will not load. only why to fix this seems to be rebooing the phone.

4 Likes

You can also use Sailfish Utilities to restart the window manager./ user interface.

2 Likes

I did…it reset the UI. Also when it happened again it sort of fixed itself after about an hour ago… I guessing this is a know thing since the utility actually fixes it?