The Volla X23 (GX4) Thread

not even with a usb 2.0 hub

All i can say is: cable and ports.

For me flashing did not work with all cables that lay around nor all ports of my laptop, actually exactly with one port.

1 Like

In linux you need write access for usb devices, on windows you need drivers for most devicea. Also try newer adb/fastboot versions…

1 Like

Thanks for your suggestions. I turned to volla developer group on telegram and they provided me a link to a fastboot flashable volla-vidofnir-12.0-ubports-installer-bootstrap which worked out for the flashing part, but unfortunately it didn’t boot. I suspect that there was a kernel upgrade and i don’t know how to downgrade the kernel, other than flashing the old volla os 12.0

1 Like

Maybe the sollution from here without the typos will work.

Volla x23
start the phone in bootloader mode
select Recovery Mode
apply Update
apply from ADB

and then in windows
adb sideload volla-12.1…….ZIP

1 Like

Thanks, i will try that. Good that i understand German.

2 Likes

unfortunately it doesn’t let me to downgrade :confused:

very interesting, i found those two ubuntu touch files: ubuntu-touch-vidofnir-firmware-s-gx4pro.tar.xz 24-Nov-2023 15:41 355383836
ubuntu-touch-vidofnir-ota2-flashable.zip 10-Dec-2023 21:22
i can boot an old version of ubuntu touch
but when i flash a volla os over it from december or earlier, the phone doesn’t boot
also the same with saiflish os, directly after flashing this old ubuntu touch, or after old volla os…

@Thaodan you pinned this and other threads globally for all users. I guess that was not your intention.

3 Likes

Hi All,
With the X23 due to become available again at some stage this month, and me needing a new phone at some stage this month (pre end of month shutdown of local 3g networks), is there any news on VoLTE for ports, and in particular this port?
This would be a great phone for me, I think, but it needs to have working VoLTE for both everyday calls, and emergency calls.
I see some discussion of perhaps limited VoLTE for the Pinephone Pro, also a Piggz community port, so I thought I would ask here, just by chance support was either available, or just around the corner,
If not, I’ll probably go with Xperia 10V, but it is not even clear if that will work on Australia/Telstra VoLTE. Hmm.
Thanks all,

There is some work by @TheKit to get VoLTE working on Meditek devices and I need to test it some more. The main blocker for the X23 is that the camera still doesnt work, and i’d really like some help with this as im stuck!

5 Likes

Thanks @piggz for the update. It is good to here that the port is a good one. Though sad to hear the camera is problematic - your second post says you got it going?
It is also good to hear there is effort going into VoLTE, though this sounds like support is not likely soon?

6 Likes

Wow Piggz, what a milestone. I have just got a 10V otherwise I would be straight on board this port. I never imagined you would get it working so quickly! Any reports on how well it is working? Does the mean emergency calls over volte too?
As always, thanks for all the work.

1 Like