Sony xperia 10 don't go off

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often):
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): Sailfish_OS-Jolla-4.1.0.24-i4113-0.0.5.14
HARDWARE (XA2, X10, X10 II, …): x10
UI LANGUAGE: italiano
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?):

DESCRIPTION:

when turn off the mobile it don’t turn off, but reboot

PRECONDITIONS:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. push button off on mobile side
  2. push button off in menu top display
  3. wait …
    and reboot

EXPECTED RESULT:

mobile off

ACTUAL RESULT:

reboot

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

(Please ALWAYS attach relevant data such as logs, screenshots, etc…)

1 Like

This is a known issue in 4.1.0 as reported in the release notes:

The phone may not turn off by applying the Power key or the Top Menu. A forced power down goes like this: press both the Volume Up and Power keys down. Keep them down for 20-30 sec until the vibrator plays 3 times - now release the keys.

2 Likes

ok… thank you

Enrico

This is a very old problem and often reported previously…
On my phone it’s the same, but only if USB power cable is attached. Running on battery, I can turn off the phone, running on USB power supply, I can not.

1 Like

#metoo Xperia 10 Plus. It’s a particularly challenging issue when you are on low battery and try to turn it off to save power until absolutely needed.

Then also have the issue of it not charging half the time whdn plugged in (have to try a few times and watch AIDA64 battery status to see when it takes. (I don’t however have a factory charger so it could be this but usb cable into computer almost never charges

2 Likes

Please search before posting.

1 Like

thank you, this is the way to turn the Xperia 10 off, since even latest 4.5.0.24 still has this issue :wink: