So long, and thanks for all the fish

I dont use my phone for banking(i disabled paYing with app) just checking my amount of money on my account.but the bank came with one shitty thing - they cancelled confirming card payments on the internet through sms and they are forcing all users to confirm these via app :frowning:

So i cant confirm payment on xperia x with the app, so I cant pay with my card on the internet.just because I have phone which doesnt support newer apps than 4.4

You could not with android eighter.

1 Like

didn´t understand your reply :smiley:

Yeah because that’s what a fucking emulation is about. It’s Android 4.4 for the App. Both @malakay1989 and me said that some banking Apps work in Aliendalvik but not on Android 4.4 anymore. Those work in the LXC-based aliendalvik. I then pointed out that the real problem is that Jolla wouldn’t have any financal gain in changing (I explicitly say changing because the technology is diffrent) Aliendavik to the new version on the Xperia X.

I heard something about another emulator - Anbox. Do you know something about it? Maybe this can emulate some newer version.

Yeah, I know it. Jolla won’t care about it of course and for UBPorts it’s only community effort. Commercial support by Canonical is only for normal Ubuntu Linux. So this would need Community effort on Sailfish Devices and will never be that deeply intergrated as Aliendalvik, but running a basic Android App should work. It’s LXC-based, too. Problem on SFOS could be the old Wayland version.

So there needs someone adopting it for sailfish so that it at least will run. Maybe also find the LXC container App someone created which should be able to not just start Linux distris but Android, too. I saw it on YT at an FxtecPro showcase, so I don’t have a link to it :frowning: .

pity, this could solve my problem. But…i have backup solution - I reflashed my old nexus 4 which was my first SFOS phone to Carbon ROM. So I maybe sell Xperia X and stay on Carbon ROM. I don´t like it as much as SFOS, but what can I do when there is no will :frowning:
I am wondering - Nexus 4 is device from 2012 - I can run Android 10 on it with latest apps :smiley: Xperia X is from 2016, I can´t run nothing newer than 4.4 :smiley:

It can run it, but there is currently no financial gain for Jolla by doing it. They probably would need an additional person working on porting the new aliendalvik.

or you can switch to some normal bank (Fio) which doesn’t depend on mobile app which is only for iOS and Google Android (it isn’t even in Huawei app gallery). Or maybe you can set sending daily account statement on your e-mail :grinning:.

1 Like

Anbox was running on Sailfish OS 3.0 (maybe also on 3.1, I don’t remember) in community port for Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus (both made by @0312birdzhang). It wasn’t stable but better than nothing. Then after upgrade to newer version of SFOS stopped work, I don’t know why.

3 Likes

Jasně, kvůli jedný blbině budu měnit banku…určitě :smiley: takový podmínky mi jiná banka nenabídne, jsem s jejich službama fakt spokojenej, až na tuhle blbost, co teď vymysleli :smiley: krom toho si nemyslim že fio můze konkurovat airbank (i kdyz jsem jejich produkty nestudoval)

English: my bank is good, no other bank can provide me such services and advantages like this. I wont change my bank because of this :smiley: i am comfortable with my bank except this nonsense they invented :smiley:

Blbost co ti komplikuje pouŞívåní, ale nevím co två banka nabízí tak speciålního.

English: Nonsense which complicate your use but I don’t know what your bank offer so special.

Jolla is in no way responsible for alien dalvik. AD is from the swiss Myriad Group, they just license it.

For banking: just get a cardtan generator and you can do everything even with VERY old browsers. Even on Android 1

2 Likes

Afaik they even bought the old aliendalvik, but the new LXC-based one was developed by Jolla.

Myriad Group doesn’t even list Aliendalvik as a product anymore, Google replaced the Dalvik engine with Android 5.

1 Like

Every time i read an android related comment in the forum it pains me. And yes i totally get it that many depend on it for various functions but still… :confused:

1 Like

It hurts me too, but when I cant do basic thing without android app, it is needed to be working, because native alternative doesnt exist. :frowning:

My banking app and the authentication app requires Android 5.0 and up, so by all means it should work with XA2, which I have - and it does start. It just complains about missing Google services.

So when using Sailfish and the Android support - there is a problem that apps needs Google play services.

oh, I did not know that, thx.

You CAN with a cardtan device. Fu** those apps, go to your bank and tell them you want to switch to cardtan and you do not want an unsecure app.

2 Likes

Options for my bank:

1. Verification app
  2. Paper with printed security numbers and an SMS code sent on every action needing verification
  3. Develop a native app for banking for SFOS

That’s it. I haven’t heard nor can I find a mention of a TAN device from my bank. And no, I’m not changing my bank because a marginal OS doesn’t support something.

1 Like