Smart watch/wearables

Hello everyone.
Does anyone know if there is any new development in smart watch compatibility with sailfish OS

1 Like

Hi @ltrxphn and welcome on SF OS Forums!

Have you already seen the discussion Looking for SFOS3 compatible watch on the old forum?

https://asteroidos.org/install/bass/

Its not directly SFOS, but another free and open source Android alternative, and it looks quite promising. Otherwise there is Pinetime, but the hardware does really allow real os to run on it

Unfortunately, there is still no working syncing app for asteroidos in SFOS. In the past the development of its “starfish” client (bad naming since there is an unrelated app with the same name) was stopped due to missing crucial features in the Bluetooth stack.
There was a change in the system with the 3.1 update I think, but nobody could tell me if this resolved the issue for starfish, and I guess the asteroidos developers probably aren’t aware of it.

No I haven’t . Thank you.
I guess no wear os watches then.

Amazfish is available on Openrepos : https://openrepos.net/content/piggz/amazfish

It supports Amazfit smarwatches, including the Bip, GTS, some MiBand.

2 Likes

Returning to this thread to inquire after the Jolla Watch. Whatever happened to it? Is there an old version of the software floating around somewhere? I’m currently a happy Pebble/Rockpool user but am interested in other SFOS-compatible and non-Google/Amazon options.

1 Like

Try something from the Amazfit range. I have GTR2 which I’m petty happy with using the Amazfish app. I hade a Pebble Steel and a Pebble 2 prior to this and used Rockpool. The Pebble 2 cannot connect to Rockpool and there you cannot take advantage of the Health monitor functions. These work well on the GTR2.

The Amazfish developer, Adam (Piggz) is very responsive to bugs/improvements. I think you’ll find an Amazfit device which will be a worthy successor to your Pebble.

4 Likes

I’m using a GTR and Amazfish and it works great!
I don’t know much about AsteroidOS and I never used it, but I noticed their Starfish-App was renamed to Starship and can also beer found on Openrepos.

1 Like

Well, it can be found, but there are no packages available, so it can’t be installed. I think it still has issues with the bluetooth connection.

Oh yes you seem right! I never went so far to actually try download it:-)
According to their github issue tracker at least the connection problems appear to have been solved…