SFOS 4.5 feedback thread

After 2nd reboot the auto rotation works. Before reboot i tried changing between other options and Automated but without success.

The updating (via CLI) went mostly smooth for me.

For some reason, the Whatsapp media folder lost the writing permissions (i.e. I could not download media). I only had to reassign them using chmod and that’s it.

2 Likes

It does disappear from my setting also but when a reinstall it all my android app come back.

Is there a way to completely delete the android support and start with a fresh android container ?

My Google play installation is broken, and I want to reinstall it “cleanly” so my bank app can work once again.

Often a 2nd reboot is needed after update. This is common here. So always try the reboot :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The suggestion to reboot once again did the trick. Chum icon reappeared after the second reboot.

Can you disable the notification category in Android settings for Signal? (Settings > Applications > Signal > …)

There’s some dependencies that changed from 4.4.0 to 4.5.0, so a separate build is required for 4.5.0. It is already known; stay tuned for updates, I guess :slight_smile:

Yes! (Although I’m not a mobile gamer)

IIRC there’s an updated component of MicroG which is not offered as an automatic update through F-Droid but the newest version must be updated to manually in F-Droid. Also make sure all the checkboxes are checked in MicroG Settings.

Indeed!

It’s so nice to have battery charge level limit as a native feature now! I’d uninstall my beloved Battery Buddy, but it’s overly convenient to have around as a battery info app. (Wait a minute, I could now make it Harbour compatible! Hold my beer…)

The list of fixed community-reported bugs is looooong!! The amount of papercuts (small annoying (visual) bugs) has gone down significantly! And one bug was reported on some 3.x version, so old stuff was fixed too!

No major browser update, sadly. Maybe next time :slight_smile:

Edit: I just learned Ctrl+Enter sends the message without confirmation. Sheesh!

I quite like the new calendar views! There are also a lot of sync fixes, so that’s always great!

The improved album media controls / album art view on the lock screen is great!

Overall I’m very happy with 4.5.0! No big issues or showstoppers for me (with X10III)!

3 Likes

Also Sailfish-Webview, the browser component empedded in apps, have not forgotten to crash :frowning:

Update installed without a glitch on a XA2. Seems snappier, some new settings that seem useful, like abc123 style password etc… Still struggling with Wireguard/Mullvad VPN (started a new thread…)

Updated my Sony Xperia 10 Plus without problems. After update I wondered where all the android apps are, but that was solved by starting the Android support from settings (I have not enabled automatic start whenever phone starts).
So far looks good, but haven’t tested thoroughly.

Thank you. Yes I did this already and it worked.

1 Like

And hotspot itself got activated fine?

Thank you for your answer!! As I said before, I solved it by updating FakeStore from github (this package wasn’t updated in F-Droid)

1 Like

In my also humble opinion the calendar buttons work well and have a beautiful simple design. I like that I immediately see which view is active and can switch easily. As the buttons are in the same horizontal area as the month name no space is lost, I think. In any case I’m happy that week and day views have been added.

Thanks for giving feedback, very appreciated!

PS: update on XA2 went absolutely fine. Android icons reappeared after starting the Android emulator and I had to re-organize them.

Thank you for the insights and the story behind! Very enlightening.
And a big THANK you for the huge work done with the calendar.

• very nice to get betterments to calendar! :partying_face:
  • I’m sorry that I posted so fast my comment, should always play around a bit longer to see the idea behind it, now I see that buttons stay put on all the different views when staying on landscape mode
  • I didn’t see week number anywhere in the week view…(?)

On my work iphone, the Apple calendar uses day view on vertical mode and week view on landscape mode. It uses quite nicely all the space available and doesn’t look cluttered at all. It even works with swiping inside the app.
Did you consider similar approach?
Well, this comes a lot to personal tastes of course and what to prefer…
Here is week view:

And here day view:

1 Like

For me the best version in a very long time. Thank you Jolla. TOP.

3 Likes

No problem, feedback is always welcome. I’m happy that calendar changes can be useful for you.

Jolla ways : swipe a bit to the right (to reveal the left), you’ll see the current week number. Like done in the month.

The screen ratio of a the Xperia 10 is not in the favour of landscape orientation. How is the transition done on iphone between weeks, when you have overlapping all day events and weeks without overlapping ones ? Actually, we booked in Jolla calendar enough space for two overlapping all day events. That’s why the height between the day labels and the hour view is a bit larger than for the iphone.

That being said, what could be done is to move the day number and day name on the same line in landscape mode. This would free some pixels for the hour view. I tried it while developping but the additional QML to get it right was considered not worth enough. But this can be rethink, of course.

In week view landscape mode, we tried also to move the all day events in the left top part, like in the day view. But it was quite confusing, and discarded also.

2 Likes

Can you test if playing videos from bbc.com works if you select another video after one fails? Don’t reload or restart browser or anything just select another video. For me first attempt always seems to fail but after that playback works, also the first video works if I try to play it after I have played something else.

Sorry, it doesn’t help. The problem is consistent across multiple sites. Thanks anyway!

X10III: unusually fast download, smooth upgrade

Post install observations :

• old: invalid data status 4100 still appears in ofono logs when moving/ bad signal (metro ). Strongly correlated with dropping to 3G, handled by Orange FR (Free Mobile FR, my operator, doesn’t have 3G infrastructure )
  • new: after this 4100 status, data connection is restored without rebooting. Yet it’s struggling - considering the frenzy of the ofono log. There’s some errance in this phase - data doesn’t work, mobile data displays off, yet data transfer icons are uselessly blinking.
  • new: I saw several times 3.5G displayed in the status bar - is this new? What is it?
  • new: android apps disappear until the android support is started 1st time - then they’re regenerated as described in the release notes
  • SFOS browser seems more prone to crash, esp. when (fast) scrolling

Log says alpha-numeric crypto/unlock password is possible now.

How does it work? Does SFOS 4.5.0 always display alpha-num keyboard?
Is it possible to “separate” passwords by setting 4digit PIN and then manually changing LUKS slot password with crypsetup?