SFOS 4.5 feedback thread

It would help if separate bug reports are created for issues that are discussed here. Information is likely lost in such a long thread

6 Likes

Official 4.5.0.16 update on XA2 Plus dual sim went smoothly.
After that Bluetooth won’t turn on at all.
Several reboots, normal (power->top menu) or power+volume_up bring no help.
Settings->Bluetooth Restart doesn’t help either.
Not possible to turn on Bluetooth at all! Any Ideas?

The empty bar at the bottom is there so you can actually get out of the folder. That being said, you were probably using launcher patches before, because nothing was changed about the way the launcher works - in fact I’m pretty sure nothing’s changed about the way it works since 2017 or so.

3 Likes

I use this opportunity the continue the list:

1. Oona Konttinen, 22, voi valita joka päivä, haluaako tänään kuulla ääntäkään | Yle Uutiset

Yle (Finnish national broadcasting company) news site is somewhat broken. Usually the browser crashes instantly, when opening the given link. I was able to reach the fifth tab of that article, but I had to close Android App Support and all the apps I had running, but even then it took a ridiculous amount of attempts.

1. Naton pääsihteeri Stoltenberg jättää tehtävänsä syksyllä - MTVuutiset.fi

MTV (the biggest Finnish commercial media company) news remain unreadable, since the page layout gets all wonky and the actual news content is not shown.

At least on XA2 bluetooth does not seem to work unless the bluetooth subsystem is restarted from Settings->Utilities. If search this thread you will find simiar posts. I hope there will be a hotfix release.

You’re welcome. After all you started it somehow when asking one year ago how hard it would be to create a week view. After some initial thoughts, I started it as a challenge : can we do the full layouting in QML ? And to answer your question, it took something like 2 weeks, not so hard after all. Then I started discussing with pvuorela and martin from Jolla for integration. My initial design was changed by martin and it took some more weeks to adjust. Finally after long reviews and discussion with pvuorela on technicalities the QML layouting was dropped in favour of reusing the CPP one of the day view.

Here are two screenshots of the initial design:

6 Likes

ok, i have restore the mobile from setting and upgrade other time from 4.1 all version to 4.5; all working fine now.
for keyboard i suppose the problem is come because i have installed this two app very useful
https://openrepos.net/content/mkiol/speech-note
https://openrepos.net/content/mkiol/speech-keyboard

i hope will be included in the official repository
Enrico

1 Like

I respond to myself.

The problem was not the phone. The Router had selected channel 13 as autochannel…

You’re right. I got mistaken by those 4 rows on the XA2 because I already got used to the 10 III’s much taller screen which fits 6 rows without scrolling. And yes, I’ve been using various launcher patches since ever, so I already forgot how the genuine launcher looks like. Sorry for the confusion.

Which is amazingly unproductive. No wonder that patches like “Launcher combined” allow exiting the folder view by swiping left or right or tapping anywhere where there are no icons, which works just as good and doesn’t waste any screen real estate. A bar consuming 20% of the screen only to be tapped when one wants to exit the view (and serving absolutely no other purpose) must have been the UI designer’s worst idea ever.

I don’t know what changes were introduced in 4.5’s launcher but the code does differ quite a bit making all patches which used to work on 4.3 and 4.4 incompatible with 4.5.

1 Like

It works like a charm! Thank you so much @amaretzek!

Thanks a lot! 20chars

Thx a lot, this is a dream. In landscape mode it’s even better. Now it’s one of the best and simplest calender apps on smartphones, totally awesome :+1:

3 Likes

I also really like the changes, however I have proposals for further improvement:

• I’d like to tap a day in the week view to enter the day
  • I’d prefer to swipe left/right in the day view to change view to the preceding/suceeding day, as for the week views instead of scrolling vertically, just for consistency.

Thank you a lot for your amazing work!

where are /usr/sbin/start-aliendalvik.sh & /usr/sbin/alien-post-startup.sh now?

seems like at /usr/libexec/appsupport/, correct?

PS Where is the LUKS screen alpha-num keyboard config, I wanna edit it?
What is the point to NOT have a numeric row available there at once?

PPS Why there is no OK button on alpha-num lock keyboard? On numeric lock screen there is one, but on alpha-num LUKS, Lock screen and Set up screen there is no OK button and you have to press Enter on keyboard.

PPPS Lock screen PIN checks LUKS header key. Probably not possible to unlink luks and lock PINs yet.

Wifi icon and mobile network icon shown intermittently. Like switching from wifi to mobile internet every second. Was it always like that? Never paid attention.

It seems that the uploader of Forum does not accept Linux archives. But it is possible to attach them to a customer care ticket in the Zendesk tool. New tickets can be opened at https://jolla.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.

The email address “care@jolla.zendesk.com” is deprecated, so it should not be used.

We have learned that the logging script used here is not optimal. An improved version is coming up one of these days.

I’ve found two issues after the upgrade. The upgrade it self went without any problems.

My account for mail using Microsoft Exchange initially had a wrong password after the upgrade. The password was set to ‘default’, but changing that to what it should be didn’t help. So reinstalling did make it work for about a day or say… most likely it stopped working after I needed the reboot the phone.

Also some andriod app issue eat all my mobile data which was when I found out that the second sim couldn’t make a data/internet connection. Swapping this to first slot made it work, but swapping it back to the second slot still didn’t work… I didn’t have this problem before the upgrade so…

Any help/idea about how to fix the Microsoft Exchange and/or mobile data issue on the second sim would be welcome.

Two design related irks in the 4.5 release (after using it for 5 mins)

Both related to long reaches.

The little keyboard icon on the top left corner of the password screen (after boot) and the new Calendar week view change again on the top left.

They were placed exactly on the opposite side of where the hand of a user usally is making them impossible to reach with one hand.

The little keyboard could have been placed under the numbers in the center and the week view changer under the date numbers on the left side. They would be MUCH easier to reach this way.

5 Likes

I see this update brought masking for Android app icons, to make them fit better with the Sailfish icons. However it seems to mostly use a teardrop shape with a corner at the lower right. I would like to use other shapes for some apps. Is it possible to customize them?

3 Likes

Experia XA2 plus.
Trouble in internet connection with Android apps while connection works with native apps, “Internet connection not available” reboots needed to have a working connection.