SFOS 4.5 feedback thread

Already tried searching again (i.e. after the initial error message immediately after clicking ‘Software Updates’ under 'Settings) before posting - still doesn’t work for me

That should not happen even if there are no further updates like now. A few things to check:

• Using the browser, can you reach some websites?
  • Can you add a new city to the Weather app?
  • Is your Jolla account ok in Settings > Accounts?
  • Can you install apps in Jolla Store?
  • Are the date and time correct on your phone?
  • Do you have the licence enabled on your phone (can you see “Android AppSupport” in Jolla Store)?
  • Does the problem persist after rebooting the phone?

The update threw all my Android apps out of directories and now I cannot find anything as I have many screenfulls of them. I miss global search from iOS more than ever before.

Xperia 10 II

3 Likes

Hi!

YES to ALL, EXCEPT for adding a new city to the weather app - However, I had always had this problem, so this is not exclusive to 4.5.

So now I reinstalled Sailfish to the new version 4.5 and now Android Support is working again…

4.5 doesn’t appear to have changed my mobile data problem:

1 Like

with xperia 10 android after upgrade:

message: upgrade falls try in other time, but the system indicate is 4.5.0.16

android support don’t start

isn’t way to add text name in address book, when you click in keyboard, the keyboard go hidden

Hi jovirkku. Thank you for your response. I just removed the android_storage/.storage_migration_done file and rebooted my Xperia X 10 II phone. Unfortunalty it did not help. The android apps are still not there and the .storage_migration_done file is created again. But it has 0 bytes. What can I do now. Shoud I wait for some minutes, hours? Or should I generate persistent log files via Collect Persistent Logs | Sailfish OS Documentation and send it to you or what should I do next?

Hejhej Jovirkku,

I have the same problem (Android support showing the proper WLAN but each with “No Internet” tag), being unable to access updates/stores (FDroid, Aurora) or apps that need logins (DB, banking, army, news aggregators) but letting Instagram and Whatsapp pass through (normal behaviour, no loss of data connection) since the update to 4.5.0.16 EA. Also, there’s the same behaviour with mobile internet, but it doesn’t have the means to display missing internet connectivity. It also persists when only allowing 3G both for SFOS and Android layer.

The steps you mentioned above were all without flaw or fail, the problem starts with Android support.

Cheers,

Lutwolf

Add-On: SFOS 4.5.0.16 on Xperia XA 2 Plus, untrusted software allowed, full Android license since the beginning.

1 Like

update with xperia 10III went smoothly, no problems. but after the update my podcast app gpodder is missing the download button when accessing a podcast. :+1:

in general: still no bluetooth or nfc for android apps … too bad

Following this as exactly same issue with me & Xperia 10 II. Made backups of everything important so reflashing is a good clean-up possibility but quite bothersome all in all.

1 Like

The upgrade on Xperia X 10 II to 4.5.0.16 passed without problems, in 12 minutes.
Android apps appeared after a couple of minutes, without rebooting the phone.
I checked the banking application right away – it works. I will check the rest as I use it.

my 2 cents concerning the update on a XIII (no android support activated):
The update process worked like a charm, even no hard reboot needed
Everything works out of the box. No credentials of any accounts lost, MMS are working and so on. Had just a little problem with SMS, because VoLTE was activated automatically after update. Deactivating solved this issue immediately for me.
The new calendar view is really cool! Thanks for this update at all! :metal:

Yes, please. Then we have a chance of seeing what is wrong (if the related logs are still on your phone). Cannot promise, though.

That is just a flag file meaning “job done”. If it exists then the phone won’t try to restart the migration.

Hello, the update to 4.5 on XA2 went smoothly, but now my Targobank app does not work anymore. I used this app for verifying my online purchases and the app was very good with SF4.4. Now the app stops with ‘service invalid’ message and I cannot use it anymore.

I am using Targobank online Banking with SailfishOS-Browser and SMS-Tan, so no need for the Android-App.

No SMS tan supported anymore here. This is also not a solution, the app was working before the update.

I really, really like the new week view in the calendar app. Awesome, 100000000 thx <3

4 Likes

Same here some android apps get internet some don’t (funny enough firefox doesn’t…) no pattern - reinstall of the apps doesn’t solve the problem

The update went smoothly on Xperia 10 II. However, I noticed that I am unable to open Situations app since the update. The icon keeps spinning forever.
I am not sure if it is a new issue introduced by 4.5 as I haven’t used Do not disturb mode before, but it seems to be only partially obeyed by some apps. It seems that I do not get sound notifications when receiving a message on Element (Matrix client) running on android. However, the same app ignores Do not disturb when receiving a voice call from the same contact and the phone rings.