Yes, I’ve tried it, but I prefer the standard Gallery app, because of the following reasons:
- it’s much snappier in it’s reaction
- the categories have a photo image, not just text and a number
- the cover has a nice selection of photos showing when ‘minimized’ on the homescreen
- it has the timeline build in (touch and drag) and is a lot faster when scrolling in time while still seeing the photos
- categorie for Nextcloud photos (using the system account setup) is natively included
It’s just missing the album/folder creation support which hopefully Jolla will build in the Gallery app.
A seperate app for photo editing I would understand, just not for a standard gallery app.
Regarding backups, the backup settings are already in the system settings app. An end user should not have to worry about a different app for their photo backup to the cloud. It currently backs up photos to the memory card, just not to the cloud.