Set cell broadcast Meassage-ID

I just learned about the specifications of the upcomming German puplic alert system: SMS-Cell-Broadcast: Erste technische Details zum Empfang - teltarif.de News (article in German).
The CB Message-IDs 4370 and 919 will be utilized to transmit warnings. Is it possible to enable reception of these channels?

4 Likes

What makes you say they are off?
This suggests you are half-right, and that it should be coming sooner or later:

I always thought channels are not available until they are subscribed (except for some standardized emergency alerts).
Currently I don’t receive any CB messages even though my provider should still transmit some information about the basestation on channel 221. How to enable reception?

3 Likes

I was also looking for a way to “turn them on” since in August that I was in Greece there were weather emergency alerts issued from the national emergecny alert system and I didn’t receive anything. Therefore assumed there is a setting to “turn on”.

2 Likes

Today was the big day. But on my Sony XA2 Plus DualSIM with Vodafon and O2 there was no warning-massage. On the device one+ (Nord) with Android 11 and DT. Telekom everything was fine.
So… what to do? The Sony H4413 is on the compatibility-list…

1 Like