Cell Broadcast alerts (Germany)

I got the warning at 11:05 on an XA2+ (primary Sim: Vodafone, secondary: Congstar), however the all-clear message didn’t arrive. Also no sound, just the notification.

No, please do not mix this up! This isn’t the cell broadcast alarm message, but just an ordinary announcment of your provider in order to inform you about upcoming broadcast alarm. So this doesnt mean it works.

In my case (10 iii, 4.4.0.72, german provider: congstar) I got the same announcement-message, but I did not get any Alarm-message today, neither the deactivation of the alarm!!! Please Jolla-Team, describe us how to activate the service or implement it!!!

2 Likes

Nothing here on Xperia X, Vodafone and 4.4.0.72.

Edit:
Ok, maybe i missed the message and she was gone in the meantime, because my phone was in the bag.

1 Like

No Alarm or Message on my Xperia10II with Provider handyvertrag.de (Telefonica) :disappointed:
edit: Newest Sailfish OS Version
edit: at least no Message left to be seen, maybe i just missed it at 11.00. But definetly no sound!

1 Like

No Alarm, no SMS on my Xperia 10 SFOS 4.4.0.72 O2 (Telefonica)

1 Like

Nothing on XA2 Plus DualSIM with SFOS 4.4.0.72 and Vodafon and O2 with strong signal.
see also:

My wife SAW the Alert at 11.00, but there was no acoustic signal and there is no more message left on her phone. So many of us - at least me - might just have missed the alert message and can’t see it now anymore, because it was not sent as sms.
(Xperia10ii, newest Sailfish OS, Provider handyvertrag.de = Telefonica Network)

1 Like

No message. Xperia 10 III, SFOS 4.4.0.72 - vodafone.de

I was sitting in a meeting with about 20 persons and all of a sudden, all the phones began beeping showing the message. Mine was the only one remaining silent.
Had to answer to some question afterwards and a lot of persons are now curious about SFOS… :smiley:

4 Likes

No message on GS290 with 02. No message on GS5 on O2. My son with a GS5 running stock android was shocked by some sound (I heard it, sounded like a dying dog). No message. He’s on Winsim (which is an O2 reselller).

Thankfully our Sirens work :slight_smile: I opened the door to show my son what the fuss on his phone was about.

and yes “the bugs are out of control”…

2 Likes

No message or sound on Sony Xperia XA2, SFOS 4.4.072, Telefónica (1&1)

I have a personal account about two people next to each other with identical phone, software and provider (non-Sailfish) configuration where only one of them received a message. So maybe the telcos need to do some debugging there as well :slight_smile:

FYI there is a means of providing feedback to the authorities via German https://warntag-umfrage.de/ url.

2 Likes

Also, it has been stated in several places [1] [2] (links are in German) that most providers are using a four-digit message ID for this broadcast and so far only Telekom is using both four-digit and three-digit message IDs.

2 Likes

Apparently four-digit message IDs are supported in Sailfish 4.4.0.72 Sailfish Community News, 6th Moctober, Sailfish OS 4.4.0.72

Can anyone confirm this?

Looks to me as if this patch has been merged only recently. Thus, it’s not been rolled out yet.

1 Like

“Please Jolla-Team, …”: It works on my phones for a long long time. Portugal, MEO/Altice and NOS, X, XA2 family, and if I remember right, JP1…

1 Like

Right, thanks for clarification. This could very likely then be the reason why my phone did not show anything, as my provider is not Telekom.

1 Like

I’d wish it would be that easy, but no: I’m on Telekom (well, congstar, actually) and received no message.

I’m afraid that is not the case. It seems the commit mentioned in the community newsletter did not make it to the 4.4.0.72 release. You can check the changelog yourself, there is no mention of cell broadcast channels: [Changelog] Vanha Rauma 4.4.0

2 Likes

On the other hand, the information is slightly misleading. One of the articles I shared claims that Telekom is testing three-digit IDs, the other one quotes Telekom saying that 919 is used only for real emergencies and never for testing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

No message. Xperia 10 III, SFOS 4.4.0.72 - [maxxim.de] (O2-reseller)