SB2 leads to faulty QtWebengine compilation

REPRODUCIBILITY: Always
OS VERSION: 4.5
HARDWARE: N/A
UI LANGUAGE: N/A
REGRESSION: not known

DESCRIPTION:

When compiling QtWebEngine 5.15.13 for aarch64 using Platform SDK (sb2/mb2), I do get all code compiled and RPMs generated. However, resulting QtWebEngine is faulty and crashes on many pages (issue filed at QtWebengine crashes on some pages · Issue #11 · sailfishos-chum/qt5 · GitHub).

As an experiment, I compiled QtWebEngine on a phone. The resulting library had no such issues and opened the pages that were failing before without crashes.

Whether it is caused by having our SDK as 32-bit (similar to SB2 fails to mmap 8GB in Aarch64) or something else is going on, is hard to say.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Is there some kind of development strategy for SDK that would allow us to compile such libraries? Some are using Arm64 servers to compile packages for aarch64 (SuSe OBS, Flathub and probably others).

Alternative would be to try to get 64-bit port for SDK. No idea what it entails, tbh.

1 Like

I’ll file this in our internal tracker, even though I feel it’s quite pointless. We don’t support Qt 5.15, and we don’t have 64-bit SDK. This is not a bug, it’s a feature request, and not a small one.

1 Like

Thanks! As you pointed out, it is probably mainly caused by 32-bit SDK environment. Alternative would be to use native builds, as we discussed as well. All in all, it is good to have an issue filed around it in your internal tracker, just even to keep track on these discussions