Sailtrix - Matrix client supporting end-to-end encryption

Also check for invalid spaces in front or after the login credentials, that gave a similar error to me.

1 Like

did you type the slash after modular.im?

1 Like

or just use kde.org instead, working here.

1 Like

Thanks. works for me too. for next release i can remove the homeserver field and have it filled from the MXID (full username i.e. @hengyedev:kde.org)

1 Like

No i didn’t
In the browser, if I remove the extra slash, it return valid json
I have also verified that there are no extra blanks.

I have tried kde.org and it works fine.
Thanks a lot.

Hi! Very happy to hear about Sailtrix.

However what I noticed so far is that encrypted private messages does not work. I can see my friends but when I enter the room it is empty. It seems to me there is no way to verify the session between element desktop and sailtrix. I don’t know if that is the reason. On element i “trusted” sailtrix by clicking “verify by text” in element desktop but still could not see anything in my friends rooms.

If spaces etc is not supported in hostname I recommend disable spaces in the etc in input. such things is very annoying in many application. I don’t say this to be negative to the developers but that is something that makes people send “annoying” bug reports and no one wins on it :slight_smile: I think malit keyboard do have some filtering for this if I remember correct.

the room is empty since message history in encrypted rooms is not supported yet. try sending a message or receiving new ones. device verification is not supported yet

Uploading pictures makes the sailtrix unresposible this seems to be related to that messsages::send_file is a blocking operation and block the UI when read/encrypt the file? This is seen on a aarch64 sony Xperia II.

Maybe consider break it out in a thread or make it async if possible. I haven’t worked with Qt for years but if I remember correct QML runs in one thread only and backend is run in same thread.

I don’t know how much work it is to fix this and right know I am to much into getting Rust work on SFOS so currently I can not give much help but I think this should be fixed :slight_smile:

Thanks anyway for this application so far I like it and already using it.

1 Like

I will look into this. Uploading/network requests is single threaded also

Sailtrix 1.3 has been released on OpenRepos

Changelog:

• Add notification functionality
  • Switch to a tab based layout
  • Add ordering by activity or alphabetically
  • Display avatar and display-name in direct messages
  • Add Matrix.to and Matrix:// functionality
  • Fix editing in encrypted rooms

View changes on GitLab

8 Likes

Thanks for developing this app! Finally a matrix app with working encryption.

2 Likes

Hrmm. no more details? I will get in touch with them

Sailtrix 1.3.2 has been released. Remember to killall harbour-sailtrix before updating.

1 Like

Hi Heng

I am using Sailtrix with a Element One account. Element keep asking me to verify sailtrix on my phone but no verification message appears on the phone. Is this implemented yet please?

BTW great app

Jon

It is not implemented yet but will be very soon :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@HengYeDev with the new APIs allowed in the store can the app be submitted in the store?

3 Likes

Hello Sir

Sailtrix devel… down?