Sailfish x86 Linux Distribution for x86_64

TBH i like the circle apple uses on its mouse integration. It can be a hollowed out circle to differentiate it a bit. And maybe it needs a different graphic when the mouse button is pressed. You’ll also need something that indicated that you have a pulley menu you can pull when the cursor enters that area.
It is going to need a fitting (visualy) text cursor for text areas.

Hmmm. I cant think any other case where it needs a different cursor at the moment.

3 Likes

Is there a Downloadmirror for the image? Github says 18 days remaining… Maybe they have some problems today.

https://mega.nz/file/m5MGmLiT#Q4yW9LeVVFfEKVuADmYv1UCOXefT5-RpngOocQiC0g8

1 Like

Cool! Thank you very much!

Hello, great job, thanks.
I booted Sailfish OS on my Sony VAIO N15 Laptop. No touch, but it works with mouse and keyboard. Just network connection don’t work. ifconfig shows the right Adapter for wired and wireless network, but SFOS can’t find a WLAN.

4 Likes

I do really like the default ubuntu cursor, DMZ (both clear and dark), aside that IMHO chosing the ubuntu cursor will remark/recall sfos x86 a great sense of belonging to the gnu/linux community (plus, sfos x86 is built over ubuntu, right?).
And in future, it would be so great if the cursore could switch with the ambiance type (dark/clear ambience -> clear/dark cursor).
Just some ideas for minor improvements.

2 Likes

Featured on the SailfishOS Podcast!

11 Likes

This is very, very ,very nice :+1::+1::+1::ok:

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to trying this out on my Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga (2nd gen) when I have time to give it a thorough workout. The combination of a touchscreen and serious resources should make it very nice!

4 Likes

I bootet the image from SD-Card on a Wetab with Intel Atom N450 (similar with Ciara Vibe or Zoostorm SL8 all based on Lucid Pegatron).
Touch is working, but no W-Lan. Swiping works fast. Accessing the App-Drawer and Top-menues and pulley-menu needs some time.
Thanks for your work.!
20210207_150224_Web

3 Likes

What wifi card do you have in your tablet?

It’s an Qualcomm Atheros AR9002WB-1NG adapter. (VEN_168C&DEV_002B&SUBSYS_2C371A3B&REV_01).

hrmmm see if you can install atheros firmwares by decompressing .deb files from ubuntu and placing them into /lib/firmware…I have a laptop with atheros and it works all right

W-Lan works now after:
modprobe -rfv ath9k
and
modprobe -v ath9k
until the reboot.

Boots on my Asus H110M-R board with an i5-6500 from USB 3.0, takes a sweet while but gets there eventually.
Wasn’t really able to do anything (logged in through keyboard) as mouse clicks where not responding (maybe cause I use a BT mouse? may try with straight USB later)

1 Like

Tested, and it works on Dell Venue 11 PRO 7139.

I am surprised by the smoothness of the interface and performance overall, nice work on that.
Both touchscreen and keyboard+mouse cover work nicely, as long as I don’t disconnect it and connect again, then only touch works.

Gonna keep an :eye: on this one.

I’m struggling to try it on a Lenovo Ideapad Yoga 11 I recently got… but the bios/bootmenu seems locked badly by secure boot on win 8.1 rt… and the processor is an old ARM which I’m not sure if it’s supported by sfos.

This is not the packaging for you then.

I don’t think there’s much hope for those Windows RT devices. Your best option is either looking around to see if it will run Windows 10 on ARM, or… well, check if there are any e-recycling centers near you.

1 Like

Thanks for your work.

I need to run SailfishOS in QEMU ARM and was wondering if you can describe how you achieved your port for x86_64, maybe it’ll be helpful for me.

2 Likes