Sailfish X on Sony Xperia 10 II DualSIM - Status Story and more

You have to go the the Jolla store and in the folder market places you find the app for install.

It is installed, both Aptoide and Store (Obsolete) as the icon wouldnā€™t appear on the home screen even with only the first one installed. Still havenā€™t been able to access it :frowning:

Installing an Android application before installing Android support causes that. Just uninstall all your android applications. Then install them again. I thing you donā€™t need to uninstall Android support.

Hello Maier, thank you for mentioning accessibility for disabled persons. To my opinion SailfishOS is not developed far enough to be usable for visually impaired people. I would suggest to blind and visually impaired people to use an iphone. Because reliability is very important. With voice assistant they can do a lot more. As a matter of fact several inventions of Apple and of tech in general did make not disabled persons a bit disabled. Using all your senses and intelligence is not necessary anymore nowadays. Tech does it.
There is one thing however which I like in Sailfish: the possibility tu enlarge texts in settings with T. Thatā€™s very nice.

Did you succeed in restoring the backup? I didnā€™t. It stopped with the notes. Contact import via vcf file failed as well.

this is my x10ii dual sim version

Take a look here:

1 Like

I have the experiance that backups are not working well in different areas. I suggest to build up the configuration of the phone new. Tranfer of data (eg. contacts, appointments, ā€¦) by bluetooth or other ways seem not be a problem.

@Tobi ā€¦ I suggest to transfer data by bluetooth.

Thanks, I had exactly the same issue when restoring my Xperia X backup when switching to the Xperia 10 II. Creating the symlink did the trick, restore went through without a hitch afterwards.

I notice that the ā€œnight silenceā€ application was mentioned here as missing for SFOS 4.1 and Xperia 10II, and Iā€™ve noted the same. Why is this, it hasnā€™t been recompiled for ā€œnewā€ 64-bit architecture, or what?

Call recorder works on Xperia 10 II but there is a bug about this:

I find it interesting VoLTE works on the pinephone community build.

In hardware, though, not through some wizardry in the port, Iā€™m afraid.

But thereā€™s the old saying that ā€œif a hardware problem can be fixed in software, it was never a software problem.ā€ Then perhaps the reverse is true, and the solution to VOLTE on SFOS is to officially port Sailfish to devices with built-in HW VOLTE support.

But I wonā€™t say anymore, since Iā€™ve been scolded for saying that volte working in hardware with SFOS on Pinephone is not really SFOS with volte support, I think because NIH syndrome. Or reasons.

Yes, already understood that later.
VoLTE works on SfOS: false
VoLTE works on Pinephone: true
VoLTE works on Pinephone running SfOS: true
However, VoLTE working on SfOS still false because this is ( in this case) by no means related to the software, just a special situation where there hardware takes care of the software:)

For those adopted a Xperia 10 II with Sailfish OS, I suggest to read this post:

I hope this helps, R-