Sailfish Community News, 12th January, Privacy and Control

It was /etc/hosts , and it works! But only if hostname/URL exactly matches! Now I search and play with dnsmasq for more practical solutions.

1 Like

Will there be a Jolla resturant event in Brussels this year in relation to FOSDEM? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, details coming…

Edit: Here they are!

3 Likes

Without going into details here, I d like to make privacy-conscious people aware of the existence of privoxy.

It’s a bitch to set up, it potentially regularly breaks web sites left and right, and its overall concept is a bit dated, but it can still serve as an powerful privacy-enhancing tool in the absence of support of the “usual” browser plugins on Sailfish OS.

Using the guides provided in the README you can (in a way) emulate the blocking functionality provided by uBlock and similar browser extensions, if set up right.

I’d love to hear from the SFOS community about their custom configurations for this tool, and overall feedback about it. (Just not in this thread! :slight_smile: )

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.