[Release notes] Vanha Rauma 4.4.0.64

None of the versions on Chum works for me, alas.

Updated to Rauma 4.4.0.58 via command line and after reboot i can not activate SIM nor WIFI. Also no calls can be received.
Any attempts to get network up failed. Bluetooth also not working.

Any ideas?

ifconfig up also nothing; tells me no name even (no eth0 no enp4s0)

Installed the update, it actually worked through the GUI on the first try. It seems to work OK, but I’ve lost the ability to open a shell, because I’d previously installed fish and this no longer wants to start, since libncurses apparantly no longer exists:

fish: error while loading shared libraries: libncurses.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I cannot login through SSH either, requesting a different shell is somehow simply ignored. This is problematic, since I always use the terminal to check whether the phone has gone off the rails (i.e. ofonod has gone into a feeding frenzy on my battery) and now I cannot open it, nor install other applications.

@martijntje Have you try recovery mode to uninstall fish shell?
And change default shell then

Thanks for the update. It seems less exciting in new features than previous ones, mainly bug fixes. But it looks the underlying platform is continuing its modernization (APIs, browser, etc.).
Looking forward for the stable release to install it on my device, and I wish VOLTE will come sooner than later (that’s one feature I’m aiming for as it will, hopefully, improve call quality a lot).

3 Likes

The same here on X10: On trying to install from .rpm file, phone says: xdg-open not found !

it reports 'nothing provides ‘libsolv0’ needed by the to be installed harbour …

Yes, I tried using fastboot to boot hybris-recovery.img, but it’s stuck at “sending”. No idea what’s wrong there, I am using a data cable and when I remove it it immediately exits with an error.

Ok, looks like we have some sailjail glitches now:

• Syncdings cannot startup syncthing anymore
  • AdvancedCam pictures from sdcard are not shown in gallery
  • Sailpass ist not able to select the sdcard (where I have my keys)
1 Like

I have now updated one of my X10’s from 4.3.0.15 to 4.4 and can report:

In general, it worked fine and phone ist still OK. edit: this means, it is not crashed and useable, but there are some bugs.

At beginning, it requested to remove
Storeman,
harbour-owncloud-daemon and
gstreamer1.0-libav

Storeman, I removed in ‘normal’ way, by long tap on app grid and then tapping the x,
harbour-owncloud-daemon i could deinstall with pkcon remove harbour… without problems.
gstreamer1.0-libav reported ‘This request will bring your system to crash’, so I skipped it.

After the update, phone booted and some problems occured.

1. File browser shows only the half of the files and directories, despite the missing files and directories are really present via CLI or ssh access from laptop.

2. All apps requested all permissions for all and everything, so I started all of them one by one to store all permissions before proceeding.
    For what asks e.g. MeeCalc, Quanto Fa or Fotokopierer for access to Audio, Bluetooth, Internet, Camera, media index, microphone, net content, NFC, location, removable media???

3. Vodman no more working, requests missing Python,

4. On installing Storeman from downloaded .rpm file, it reports: xdg-open not found. Installation failed. So I have no Storeman at the moment.

The rest including my several tweaks seems to work fine.
Still working fine: Change of tethering adress block still present,
EU soundlimit disabler - still OK
Ambience white-on-black - still OK
Hide tutorial - still OK

But I see no way to install Storeman at the moment. Does anybody know more about this?

edit: Lls video player plays videos but updating the Youtube downloader leads to an eternally spinning wheel.

Keeping older devices in the train is much appreciated, thank you!

8 Likes

@seven.of.nine Have you tried storeman-installer?

1 Like

Storeman-installer tries to fetch package from chum repo. As there’s nor repo available for 4.4, yet it fails.
Manually downloading Storeman from the 4.3 repo works but installation fails due to missing dependency

1 Like

nice to finally get an update…after a long time, sadly it’s not the Qt upgrade I have been waiting for…hopefully with v4.5

well anyways… I have 3 Xperia phones that I need to update and test

1 Like

Yes i tried just now, it starts and tries to load something, but then crashes. On chum i set to 4.3.0.15., because 4.4.0.58 shows no content.

Q: isn’t it possible to postinstall this libsolv0 manually for this dependency?

Apps which haven’t defined a set of permissions are given a default set of permissions, this is why some Apps will ask for lots of permissions they don’t need.

2 Likes

To install Storeman on SailfishOS 4.4.0, please use this guideance.

As the install method via file-manager seems to be broken in SailfishOS 4.4.0.58 ("xdg-open not found"; also reported here and with some analysis here), one currently has to install downloaded rpm files via:
devel-su pkcon install-local <whole-rpm-filename>

6 Likes

Excellent, installation from Releases · storeman-developers/harbour-storeman · GitHub works.
Thanks

2 Likes

edit: i downloaded harbour-storeman-0.2.12-1.armv7hl.rpm and tried to install it by pulley menu.

It still reports 'xdg-open not found ’ and does not install.

Strange. On my XA2 zypper wp xdg-open it says nothing provides it… Yet the binary is there.