[Release notes] Vanha Rauma 4.4.0.64

Sadly, on the XA2 Ultra Dual SIM switching between SIM card slots is still buggy and nothing has changed in this regard.

There is a card in slot 1 and the second slot is empty. If I activate slot 2 and then turn it off, it also disconnects the card in slot 1 (it becomes greyed out and loses connection with mobile network). Only re-enabling slot 2 makes card in slot 1 start working again and reconnect to the mobile network. Or rebooting the phone with the slot 2 disabled.

It would be really great if someone could fix it in some foreseeable future…

3 Likes

The same is here. Update without problems and really all apps are running. OK, Storeman and Chum not tested yet. All Android apps are running. I have not had any problems with the update since the update to 4.1. But I also have not “improved” anything on the system.
Ok one thing I have improved on my XA2, I have increased the system partition to 6 GB. But not more.

Maybe that’s where all the errors you read here come from ?

2 Likes

I tried and I tired reinstalling patchmanager and storeman for simple features, that MUST be in the system “from the box”, after each update. 5 years, each update…
All other OSes have this basic need without side patches or app.

Still need adding lines to /usr/share/lipstick/androidnotificationpriorities for having sound notifications from chates. I think this bug exist more than year. After each update need add lines to this file, but if someone write simple maybe even sh script - it would be better.

1 Like

In addition the following apps need to un-sandboxed to work again - even when accessing the “hidden” folders:
harbour-lighthouse.desktop
harbour-ownkeepass.desktop
harbour-shellex.desktop
flowplayer.desktop

Lighthouse has been update and Sailjail is now disabled.

There is a wiki listing all application affected by Sailjail.

Is there a trick to adding the
[X-Sailjail]
lines. At the end of the file?

On my Jolla C it made the desktop icons vanish.

As root :

echo -e "\n[X-Sailjail]\n<your option>" >> your file

There should be an error in your desktop file, you can PM me with the result of a cat.

echo -e "\n[X-Sailjail]\nSandboxing=Disabled" >> harbour-file-browser.desktop

Well that worked. Adding it with vi didn’t.
I probably made an error.
Thx.

You surely forgot a newline before [X-Sailjail].

How much space does your OS occupy after 4.4 upgrade? Mine grew to 2.1 GB. Is that normal?

As with the previous update, I’m not getting a notification through Settings > Sailfish OS Updates. How can I debug that by itself and what is the best approach to get the update?

There are many apps disabling FireJail…is there no better way?

1 Like

Does anyone know what is droid-system-discovery-0.1.3-1.2.1-jolla.armv7hl.rpm.new.zypp?
Looks like OS 4.4 update leftover. It is in /var/tmp/ and takes 66 MB of space…

EDIT: Removed with no side effects, as well as several other large files in /var/tmp/ which looked like parts of interrupted / failed OS update download. Almost 100 MB of space on rootfs reclaimed.

wetab73
After reading all the complaints in this thread, I am amazed that my update went without any serious problems.

I wouldn’t say I’m amazed, but I’m certainly happy my upgrade to 4.3.0.15 (Suomenlinna) then immediately to 4.4.0.58 (Vanha Rauma) went well, with no hangs or forced power-off/restarts required on my Sony Xperia XA2 dual sim.

Remarks:

• I am worried about further hundreds of MB eaten by the update on rootfs. Before the update I had some 1,8 - 1,9 GB used on rootfs, now it’s 2,1 GB. Did the update itself add 300 MB, or are those some leftovers which should have been removed? Fortunately, I resized the partition to 4 GB or else I’d be running out of space now! Is this common for this update to eat 300 MB? Now the OS itself is reported in Settings/Storage as occupying 1,9 GB, plus 140 MB native applications and a few MB of system logs. Are your 4.4 systems also taking whopping 1,9 GB???

No, Settings/Storage reports 1.6 GB Used for System data, with 771.4 MB free.

• After the update some 90% of contact avatars disappeared. Fortunately, restoring the backup brought them back.

Known problem. I have same issue. Apparently Avatars were stored in a different way in early versions of the People App, and they went missing one of the updates. Luckily, I had a backup, so it is ‘just’ a case of reimporting them using the Settings/Apps/People ‘Import Contacts’ ‘From contact file’ from a combined vcf I have on the SD card. Unfortunately, such imports don’t stick, and it will be necessary to do the same at the next upgrade.

• I still cannot receive MMS if it doesn’t have the subject string.

Ahh! That might explain why I don’t get some MMSs. Thank you.

• The browser works OK, but when started from a URL shortcut/icon saved in launcher app grid or by clicking an URL, it still shows its starting view, which then can be dragged down to reveal the actual page behind it.

At least the behaviour when you delete an open tab is now sensible, rather than placing back at the first open tab, from which you have to scroll down to the last one again. Now deleting a tab puts you at the previous tab, not at the top!

• Battery life / CPU utilization doesn’t seem to be any different than on 4.3.

I’m yet to find out.

• More to be tested soon.

Likewise. I want to check if turning off Bluetooth turns off Bluetooth Low Energy as well. I’ve noticed that even with Bluetooth turned off, other devices still see my Sailfish phone advertising itself on a previous version of Sailfish OS, which it really shouldn’t.

Edit to add: I don’t know about Bluetooth Low Energy, but plain Bluetooth appears to be active, even when disabled in settings.
Steps to reproduce:

1. Check that Bluetooth is disabled in Settings.
  2. On a separate Bluetooth capable Linux PC run ‘$ hcitool scan’ and ‘$ hcitool inq’
    $ hcitool scan
    Scanning ...
	        38:78:62:XX:XX:XX	Xperia XA2 - Dual SIM
	        YY:YY:YY:YY:YY:YY	n/a
    $ hcitool inq
    Inquiring ...
	38:78:62:XX:XX:XX	clock offset: 0x1e48	class: 0x5c020c

So it looks like the device is still beaconing, even when Bluetooth is apparently disabled.

2 Likes

I installed an old version of Ticktick (v. 6.0.24, latest being 6.2.4.5) and it launches and seems to work without any issues. I have not checked the logs yet.

If you feel motivate to test other version : https://www.apkmirror.com/?post_type=app_release&searchtype=apk&s=ticktick

Can’t get a GPS fix after the update, anyone experience anything like this?

Weird bug after about 4 days of usage. Dialer app is basically nonfunctional. Trying to place an outgoing call results in the dialer just hanging. Even after closing the app, the system still shows a call in progress (shows on lockscreen). Not receiving any incoming calls.

Sms messaging still works fine, as does everything else in the system. I’ve tried rebooting, restarting the network, etc… but the bug still persists.

So it did work at first?

I’d try shutting off the device, removing and cleaning the SIM card, booting the device without SIM, turn off, insert SIM, turn on. The modem devices tend to get stuck hard when they do get stuck…

Could be a bad SIM card, too. Can you try it in another debice?