[Release notes] Vanha Rauma 4.4.0.64

Has anyone a solution for Amazfish? Is not working anymore in 4.4.0.58
Thanks!

Because IMS/VoLTE modem interfaces are proprietary, it takes time to reverse-engineer those. And the solution is likely to end up being vendor/device specific. But yes, itā€™s possible. At least theoretically.

8 Likes

OK @slava , that I understand. Thank you for explanation. BUT, isnā€™t there a Sony Open Device program?

So, why canā€™t Jolla simple get the Open Device specs from Sony instead of reverse-engineering something? And, as I understood until now, the whole SFOS project is vendor/device specific. There are a few Sony devices officially supported plus some community ports inofficially. And, what is so top secret on some fu**ing VoLTE specs, that is the industrial standard in telecommunications of the whole world in the next decade? Why canā€™t Sony be so nice and kindly provide their VoLTE specs as part of their Open Device program? I do not understand this.

edit: Or is simply legal and/or economic stuff the reason for this misery?

3 Likes

If you wish to dive deeper - yes, Google standardized IMS/VoLTE interfaces and Sony provides implementations of those but they are Java interfaces, meaning that to actually use them you would have to bring up the whole Android VM. That doesnā€™t help SFOS adaptation. The lower level interfaces usable by SFOS and particularly ofono (e.g. binder APIs) are proprietary and require reverse-engineering (albeit not a super-difficult one).

Itā€™s not clear yet if thatā€™s a trend or not, but that could mean a deliberate shift towards hiding native interfaces and making it harder to use native Android drivers/middleware in non-Android systems like SFOS.

10 Likes

Updated, seen this couple of times now: something is using location services in background (the indicator is flashing on top of the display) causing a power drain.

Hi there, Today i start new update on my new experia 10 ii dual sim but i all ready wait 5 hours and still freezing in the end of update(progress) bar before finish updateā€¦ what to do because I donā€™t have any responseā€¦ and i think after battery drain the phone will shut down and then will be dead ā€¦ What can i do and i donā€™t wanna lose my data ?

1 Like

Sticking progress bar at the end of update procedure is often reported and in most cases the new system works fine after a forced reboot by long pressing the power button.
but: no guarantee !

4 Likes

Most works just great, but for me the browser does not open links when asked?
So, when I tap a link somewhere, it launches the browser but then nothing happens. Also, for a website is attached to the app grid, tapping on it launches the browser, also nothing happens.

Anyone here with the same issue?

As it was my bug report your are referring to, I can confirm this is indeed fixed in SFOS 4.4.
Your piece of code seems to work for me. Even tried version 4.0.9 of your app, before you removed this part of the code in 4.0.10. Your download function in 4.0.9 also worked for me using SFOS 4.4 on my Xperia XA2 plus.
BTW I did not enable sailjail yet for my use case (ā€œwelkweerā€ app), as it will most likely break for 4.3 users (as 4.3 has this bug). But will do so as soon as 4.4 is out of EA.

P.s. why not put your code on some public git repo. Makes searching in the code and tracking changes a lot easier.

2 Likes

Hi,
Thanks for your help

I canā€™t understand where is the problem!
you have tell me that itā€™s work on Xperia XA2 plus (with SFOS 4.4)
but in my Xperia X I get this error ā€œCould not load pageā€ if I comment lines (contextkit) its work

I have also tried:
[X-Sailjail]
Sandboxing=Disabled
but not work!

Perhaps the bug was not corrected in Eperia X ?
I have verified in Terminal (zypper pa -i > everything.txt) if nemo-qml-plugin-contextkit exist in my Eperia X but I can find it! perhaps itā€™s not installed!

Can you please verified that on your XA2 plus.

1 Like

Hi

Can any one please verifier if the package ā€œnemo-qml-plugin-contextkit-qt5ā€ is in SFOS 4.4 for Xperia X (2sim)

in Terminal :zypper pa -i > everything.txt

Rem: I have doing that manually!

Documents app doesnā€™t start in 4.4.0.58 EA. Only appcover with endless running circle is shown. Removing the app and reinstall doesnā€™t work.

So the import of contextkit simply fails in your case. Maybe try to reinstall this package?
I have the following version installed in SFOS 4.4: nemo-qml-plugin-contextkit-qt5-1.1.12-1.5.1

Have you opened the browser on its own, via the app-drawer? If I recall correctly, I had the same issue, because sailjail init for the app hadnā€™t happened yet.

Documents app opens normally on both of my devicesā€¦ Does it open from the terminal?

2 Likes

If the browser is already running, it works indeed. So maybe some arguments get discarded because of SailJail?

If the right name is sailfish-office, no.
From terminal I got this:

[defaultuser@Xperia10II-DualSIM ~]$ sailfish-office
[D] unknown:0 - Using Wayland-EGL
library ā€œlibGLESv2_adreno.soā€ not found
library ā€œeglSubDriverAndroid.soā€ not found

Yes it is. Those errors are always there, so not fatal.

Has anybody problems with the new browser?
It sometimes terminates. Maybe it is related to memory - since I have had huge apps like Teams and Outlook (Android) running.

Update:

The last time, it seemed to have another cause.
With EMBED_CONSOLE=1, the log shows

Call EmbedLiteApp::StopChildThread().

It was here in this forum page. Is there a good way to debug spontaneous terminates?

3 Likes

Xparia 10 II: GUI install failed as I did not remove storeman, Wisperfish and one anotherā€¦ After GUI install announced failure, OS was showing the version 4.4, but almost everything was the same as in 4.3. Then I used sfos-upgrade and it finished the job. So far so good. Storeman refused to start, so I removed it and installed storeman-installer. ATM, it fails to install storeman - therefore no usable storeman ATM. Hope storeman and storeman-installer get fixed in near future.
No other critical issues detected so far except for less or more all applications requesting permissions and those permissions requested are way over what Iā€™d expect they should have.
What I miss the most: MFA support for exchange onlineā€¦

2 Likes