[Release notes] Vanha Rauma 4.4.0.64

Regarding xdg-open: it’s caused by the forced sandboxing. I hacked up a quick fix that hopefully works but be careful it is not tested. I will do my best to provide new builds on Sunday. Until then, everyone can just build File Browser (git main) themselves or fetch this file: https://github.com/ichthyosaurus/harbour-file-browser/blob/main/qml/pages/FilePage.qml

EDIT: File Browser’s core feature - showing files - is impacted as well. Here’s how you can fix that for now:

5 Likes

OK, I’ve reset the device. It kicked me back to 4.0.OS. Got the WIFI back, after a couple of restarts also the SIM card.
Then when I tried to install the next update the system asked me to uninstall like a 100 different things. So… it will not be possible.

Sometimes you can just ignore that warning.

Great ! The internet connection bug between cellular and wifi in Android is fixed !
Thanx a lot for all !
Sailfish forever :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks, direc85! That should have got me on my way again - and allowed me to recompile fish - which would have probably linked it against the newer ncurses. However, I cannot install the package, because xdg-open is supposedly not found.

I cannot install it through the terminal, since the terminal is broken. It’s a chicken-and-egg problem. I need the terminal to fix the terminal.

2 Likes

Yes, everything seems to work. However Amazfish app seems not work, however.

Xperia 10 - my update stucked on 100%. I left phone for night. Had to restart phone in morning. It works, but i have no internet in Sailfish OS, but in android works. Any solution?

1 Like

Shell from recovery mode?

Just tapping the dowbload notification, or opening it from downloads works just fine too.

BTW, the obs link is broken, and the repos never refresh. Is there another thread for this?

1 Like

Bit hardcore update:

• downloaded → ok
  • started installation → ok
  • device booted-> ok
    at this point:
  • device didnt restart, had to put it on
  • progress bar screen appeared but got stuck at 100% → reboot was necessary
  • after reboot, al normal?

xperia 10 ii
fingerprint sensor enabled

quite a rollercoaster :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That indeed is a chicken-and-egg problem…

And you can’t click the downloaded link notification either, because GitHub forced me to zip the files to be uploaded.

1 Like

Updated via CLI -as usual- in my XA2 and everything went fine.

Regarding the Xperia 10 III

• Based on the statement “Porting Sailfish OS to Xperia 10 III is in progress, so not yet available on 4.4.0.58. Internal tests and some adjustments are ongoing. Overall, Sailfish works fine on Xperia 10 III.”, as well as the recent image building instructions that appeared here in the forum, I assume that the porting is pretty advanced.
  • Would it not be possible to release a “do-it-at-your-own-risk image” for the device so as to eventually help in the testing? Or at least indicating what are the known bugs and limitations for the normal operation (to avoid license problems, an aliendalvik-free version would be ideal). Not everyone is savvy enough or has time enough (like me) to perform all the image building steps with confidence. An already finished image would make it easier.

Background for my request is that my XA2 has lost both metal plates in the upper and lower side resulting in poor signal, the battery is almost unusable and…my X10 III is collecting dust in the cupboard :smiley::smiley::smiley:

3 Likes

unlikely, but you can probably ask for an image in #sailfishos-porters

This was the missing clue I needed. I extracted the file, uploaded it somewhere, downloaded the extracted file from my browser and was able to install it that way.

Now my terminal works again. I guess now I can build a new version of fish. That’s anyway a good idea now that 3.4 is out.

Big thanks to you, @direc85

1 Like

Nice to hear you got it working!

Actually, that is a tip worth remembering, if terminal ever breaks for whatever reason :slight_smile:

This EA update has deleted all my files and folders in /home/defaultuser, except for the default folders (with content). It is unbelievable…

EDIT:
It seems I need to correct myself.
filebrowser by @ichthyosaurus does not seem to work properly under SFOS 4.4.0.58. EA
The missing folders and files are displayed in stock fiebrowser, but not in filebrowser by @ichtyosaurus.
Also I can’t create new folders here. They seem to exist after they are created, but after closing and reopening the app they are not there.

2 Likes

You can install from the “built-in file manager” (Settings → Storage → Downloads).

Indeed, there should be such package, but zypper search curses doesn’t list it. I guess it’s just a compilation issue then.

I should have used the Sailfish ncurses repo instead or course. Soon there are conflicting ncurses-compat-libs and ncurses-libs5 packages. This is exactly why I didn’t just push it to OpenRepos; If you need it, you know how to install a rpm file, and how to deal with it later… Oh well!

take care! i don’t think they’re really deleted ! check with CLI! File browser has a bug now and shows only the half of all present files and folders. But in fact, they are not deleted. I have the same things with File browser, but with CLI or ssh via laptop, all data are still here and fortunately nothing is deleted. So i hope no data is really lost.

3 Likes

Bug reported in Jolla Bugzilla.
This problem does not concern the internal file manager at “Settings > Storage” > User data > (pull down) File manager". Installing rpm’s works with it.

The updates vary by device model. One of the biggest contributors is the Android App Support. We have updated it to Xperia XA2, 10 and 10 II but not to Xperia X, Jolla C or Jolla Tablet. This explains why the update size is 400+ MB for the old devices and much bigger for the more recent devices. The same goes with the updates concerning hardware adaptation - it is big and updated to the newer devices only.

4 Likes