[Release notes] Vanha Rauma 4.4.0.64

Some bugs can not be fixed. Have you checked that the jack port is clean?

Yes. I can even workaround the bug by selecting the correct output in the app “Audio Output”.
It’s just that it doesn’t auto-detect the earphones (and auto-switch to them).

Can you please open a bug report with all information?

It was fixed by a reboot.
I’ll report if I can find how to reproduce.

Is a 4.4.0.64 coming out soon with Xperia 10 III support? :face_with_monocle:

4.4.0.x would be security/stability update.

Any sources for your claim? :slight_smile:

1 Like

nothing stops this release to be the 1st for x10mk3 in practice.
so maybe.

also some major bugs for mk3 were squashed (or hid) recently

On statcounter.com, SailfishOS browser and the OS are recognized as “Firefox OS” and “Firefox 78.0”.

Is this a bug in the UA of SFOS or on purpose for more compatibility ?

The default UA string used by the Sailfish browser is “Mozilla/5.0 (Mobile; rv:78.0) Gecko/78.0 Firefox/78.0”. It’s not clear why statcounter is interpreting that as Firefox OS.

We also need a bunch of further exceptions for specific sites to prevent them causing problems, but statcounter isn’t in that list.

2 Likes

Btw. the Spotify-Web-Player complaining about a too old browser and refusing to work.

I have the same issue in the browser where I often need to click multiple times for it to happen. Was a bug report created for this issue?

Yes, it is here.
It was left unfinished as it needs a little work.
We should be able to reproduce and provide logs for Jolla to identify the issue.
Everything is explained there. If you want to participate, you are welcome :wink:
Also, it is hard to reproduce as it seems to happen kind of randomly…

The same “gotta click a link dozen times” affects HTML emails with links too, so I guess it’s a gecko/mozembedded bug…

Yes, see Stock Browser App Unresponsive to Screen 'Clicks'

I have Problems with twich.tv, with the old Browser-Engine (ESR60?) under SFOS 4.3 and smaller the Videoplayer reload 2-3 Times until the Website decided to use an alternative Video-Player(?) but then it worked.

With SailfishOS 4.4 and Browser Revision ESR78 it plays the Video for 2 Seconds, crashed and reloaded again and again in a loop with this behaviour.

twitch.tv works on my side (X10 II). I think you should open a new topic, perhaps a bug report.

1 Like

I stand corrected: 4.4.0.64 indeed is a X10III-only beta VoLTE release!

1 Like

Which device you’re using? I’ve been watching twich.tv on my Xperia 10 III for a while now without crashes (both embedded video player and fullscreen mode).

I had to restart 3 time my X10 II to “apply” the update. I don’t know how to reproduce, but it’s not the first time it happens that the luminosity is set to the minimum and when I have to insert the 1st security code to unencrypt my phone it keeps loading.

Does 5G work on the Xperia 10 III?