[Release notes] Suomenlinna 4.3.0

Is there an error message if you try to install the rpm file using terminal? Download the file.and pkcon install-local filename.rpm

2 Likes

Do you have problems with installation of “storeman-installer” itself (as direc85 and me read) then follow his post and tell us more info.

If you mean that the “storemann-installer” does not install the app “storeman” then read:

ATTENTION!
Every SFOS release requires a configured OBS repository. Therefore Storeman installation may not be available for some time after a new SFOS release until maintainers configure a new repository. This is especially true for EA release

7 Likes

That seems to be the case here. RTFM :wink: Thanks for helping and sorry to bother you.

May it helps somebody stumbling over it as well.

5 Likes

Hmm, what SFOSX port is this? Official Sailfish X port for Xperia X patched with g7 tool ?
Do you have android support installed and finally did updater complained about packaages droid-compat-f532-* being problematic?

Xperia 10 II. The device feels faster overall which is nice. Unfortunately the majority of my installed Android apps crashes on startup. Cannot start Spotify and not a single Google app for example. Also my Bitwarden icon disappeared from the app drawer, but it is still installed att can be opened from Aurora Store. Hope this will be fixed in the stable build. :slight_smile:

after the update the austrian Covid certificate app «Grüner Pass» disappeared from the app grid. It was still installed and could be opened through the Aurora store.
A reinstall brought back the icon.

Probably it has something to do with the Umlaut ü?

2 Likes

I tried a reinstall which brought the icon back. But it disappeared again after reboot.

In my case it says: remove or revert …

• fernschreiber
  • pure-maps
  • whisperfish
  • mapbox
  • ofono-alien binder

uninstalled the 3 apps, disable all repos in storeman, then pushed install

and did succeed

1 Like

In short: Yes, patched with the help of Eugenio’s tool. Licence for Xperia X. Complaints ignored.

again: how can i make the player and the gallery find my files? both empty. they are on the sd card…
would love to hear some music…
thx in advance…

Did you upgrade by command line?
I finally managed to upgrade using the usual version --dup !

I had the same experience with Slack app. Trying to update it, Aurora said Conflicting package exists. Never seen this before. So I did an un/re-install dance.

1 Like

The Update went smoothly. I removed three files as suggested during the download of the new file.

Android apps start much more quickly.

I had a website added to the app grid that used to automatically open the site via the browser. Now every time I tap that icon I get given a list of app to open that link with. Is there anyway to set that link to only open the browser? It’s nice having the option to choose but usually once you have chosen an app, that’s the app you’ll be using each time you want that link. Having to choose each time ads another unnecessary step.

Some Android apps crash the first time you try to open an Android app after a reboot.

Even though Android App Support is enabled to run at start up the is a message in a banner at the top of the screen saying Andoid App Support being started when some apps are launched…

Since the 4.2 update Here Maps keeps crashing/freezing

1 Like

again, none of the pics i take are to see in the gallery… only androidapps can see em…
what may i do to get my pictures back?

thx in advance…

59 posts were split to a new topic: Problems with OS update 4.3.0

…not supported but indeed, especially when opening a URL saved to the app grid, the option of saving the chosen browser (or other app) would be nice. Let’s see if this can be arranged in the future.

4 Likes

@jovirkku to bad that phoen encryption improbements didn’t get into this update, hopefully it will be released with the next update.

On my XA2 I installed the new Storeman Installer. when tapping, it keeps turning. Doesn’t open, just like apps in Jolla Store.

Hi, give me a pointer to those improvement requirements or the related discussion, please. I am not sure what this is about.