[Release notes] Suomenlinna 4.3.0

@hhead, please create three different, proper bug reports (at Bug Reports - Sailfish OS Forum) by filling out the form there and reusing (copy&paste) your bug descriptions 1, 2 and 3 from here (you might extend them a bit), or Jolla will likely not denote this in their internal bug tracker.

1. AdvancedCam not working

Please read its description and use a current version of Advanced Camera from SailfishOS:Chum.

This thread has 113 posts!! Is there a simpler howto for using sailfish:chum ?

1 Like
4 Likes

I also did ignore the warning to remove the ofono-alien-binder-plugin package. And the upgrade did work without any errors, warnings.

Is there something that might make the browser not prompt for passwords storage in a website?

Ie on my banking site i enter the passwords but i don’t get the option to store them.

On an XA2 dual SIM:

I got asked to remove git-minimal and gittin, but no other packages.

Logged in over USB as developer, checked the presence of the apps

[nemo@Sailfish ~]$ pkcon search git-minimal
Searching by details                                                            
Starting                                                                      
Querying                                                                   
Finished                                                                     
Installed   	git-minimal-2.20.1+git2-1.2.11.jolla.armv7hl (installed)    	Core git tools, cut-down version
[nemo@Sailfish ~]$ pkcon search gittin
Searching by details                                                            
Starting                                                                        
Querying                                                                        
Finished                                                                       
Installed   	gittin-0.1.3-1.3.1.jolla.armv7hl (installed)                	A library to hangle Git repositories

and removed with

[nemo@Sailfish ~]$ devel-su pkcon remove git-minimal

supplying the developer password when prompted. This also removed gittin automatically.

Upgrade went without further problems.

2 Likes

glad it worked for you.

i just ignored the errors and upgraded regardless - figured it wasn’t my job to interpret developer gobbledygook…

After reading your comment I was somewhat worried, but then I decided to simply ignore those conflict warnings and continue the update:
The first time it failed, but the phone booted just like normal into 4.2.
Tried a second time: The updater showed an even longer list of conflicts, but worked flawless and updated the phone to 4.3.0. Haven’t tested in depth, but so far everything seems to be just fine.

Hi, I got the same problem during update. When system started downloading update to SailfishOS 4.3 I received a message that I have to remove WebPirate and ofono-alien-binder-plugin. I removed WebPirate but not ofono-alien-binder-plugin.
Now, after update finished downloading I have a really long list of packages, that looks like all packages installed in the system.
I downloaded 4.3 update directly after updating from 4.1 to 4.2. The only change in ssu config I made was setting the password.

I successfully install paid Jolla OS 4.3 Version for the Sony Xperia X with the g7-patch (https://github.com/g7/sailfishx-patcher-f5321 on a Sony Xperia X Compact Device.

I know this is officially not supported by Jolla, this Unit will be my “Spare and Play” Smartphon, because i´m heavily interested in alternative Operation Systems. My Daily Driver is a Sony XZ1 Compact (nearly same dimensions like the x Compact) with Lineage 18.1 (Android 11 base) without GApps (don´t need it). Sadly there is no patch for the XZ1 Compact, so i go for the X Compact as spare and emergency Smartphone.

2 Likes

I have the following issue (not sure if it was present before this release):

In the Gallery app, I cannot delete a picture: trying to do so will show the usual progress bar, but the image does not disappear after that. It is not deleted either.

I also just got an issue where sending an image via a MMS didn’t work (even with multiple retries).

I use a Sony Xperia XA2.

1 Like

See [Bug] MMS doesn't send pictures when Patchmanager is installed - #23 by dcaliste for MMS

2 Likes

Meanwhile the Sony X Compact becomes my Daily Driver, i really like it with Sailfish OS 4.3!

4 Likes

I only noticed 4.3.0.15 today, and the update went just fine on my XA10II

Great to see security updates are pushed between major releases, please make this a habit!

16 Likes

I pressed the button on my Xperia X. I didn’t watch it closely but it seemed to go just fine and while I am not using it for calls at the moment, other stuff seems to be unchanged

I don’t get an update for 4.3.0.15 with an XA2. No matter what I try. Am I missing something?

Early Access must be enabled in your Jolla account (on the homepage there in account settings). Go to account.jolla.com, enter creds, scroll down, there is ‘Early access to Sailfish OS releases’. Enable there.

Should not be necessary :
2022-02-16: OS version 4.3.0.15 was released to all users as an over-the-air update. Installable images are available in the Jolla Shop 95.

2 Likes

https://forum.sailfishos.org/uploads/short-url/hhP9RMYUiAbmpM14eQntZt6CDne.md

================================================================
SAILFISH OS
Changelog from 4.3.0.12 to 4.3.0.15
2022-02-07

Packages modified
polkit
Updated : 0.105+git5-1.5.3.jolla – 0.105+git8-1.6.1.jolla
- [polkit] Fix for CVE-2021-4034 (PwnKit).
- [polkit] Drop unneeded Debian patches.
- [packaging] Separate Debian patches from the rest
- [packaging] Use pkgconfig symbols for -devel requires
- [polkit] Update Debian patches, drop patches already included.
ruby
Updated : 2.7.1+git1 – 2.7.1+git2
- [ruby] Fix build with newer bison.
sdk-setup
Updated : 1.4.11-1.5.1.jolla – 1.4.42-1.6.1.jolla
- [mb2] Refresh git index before creating a stash.

Is this update really interresting for regular users or is it more for devs (lots of changes in sdk-setup) ?
EDIT: oops, maybe you are all devs in this thread? :blush:

As the version number implies, it is just a (very) minor bugfix/security release.
Probably doesn’t qualify as particularly interesting to anyone.
It is however good, and not not to mention mandatory for the next update.

3 Likes