[Release notes] Suomenlinna 4.3.0

Hi, give me a pointer to those improvement requirements or the related discussion, please. I am not sure what this is about.

Getting these notifications:

No ‘libcrypto.so.10’, necessary to install Fernschreiber or Telegra’me (harbour).

1 Like

Overall the update seems to be a solid one for me so far, all the apps seem to be loading quicker and are more responsive, the phone feels snappier. Battery life is the same (no new drains have been introduced) and switching from mobile data to WiFi and back doesn’t create problems (i.e. some Android apps thought that there’s no internet etc with 4.2).

@jovirkku A minor quirk that I have noticed is that when clicking on a URL and get the list of applications that can handle it I get the browser twice in that menu/dropdown. I would appreciate if we have a way to cleanup stale or multiple entries from that menu. If an application listed as capable of handling URLs gets uninstalled, it still shows up in the dropdown despite the fact that it no longer exists on the phone.

Read a bit to fast there. yea, there is a difference in opening defaultBrowser://jolla.com and path/to/a/browser://jolla.com

Maybe a feature request:
When saving a URL to appgrid, choose witch browser to open that specific shortcut.

Have a look at this thread: [4.3.0.12][WIKI] Missing libcrypto.so.10 breaks several apps

libcrypto.so.10 is part of OpenSSL, which has been withdrawn from SFOS at this Version.

1 Like

Hi jovirkku,
This is all a good point. Thanks for taking the time to reply.
I wish to point out, simply for learning, that I have not missed a stop release, and I have encountered this problem.
Not sure yet how to fix.
Thanks again,

1 Like

Yes.
And afair I was hit by this using the GUI updater as well, then.

Which browser is this? Namely, we have a fix on 4.3.0 to eliminate the duplicates from the “open with” pop up. It works mostly (e.g., for Sailfish browser, Firefox, FileManager+, etc.) but it still seems to fail with Opera (i.e., Opera appears twice) for an unknown reason.
To check your last sentence, I tapped at a URL in the app grid to see the pop up menu. Next, I removed the apps APKpure and Opera. When invoking the pop up again, the removed apps did not appear there anymore.
So, we have tried to make it right but there may be some small items to fix.

1 Like

may someone please enlighten me how i can get tracker3 to index my mediafiles… thx again…

@jovirkku It seems that sharing from the gallery to Android is not working at least on Xperia X. Or am i doing something wrong!?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Problems with OS update 4.3.0

Vibration in applications (including Hardware tests) does not work, If
Settings - Sounds, etc. - Touchscreen vibration off

1 Like

It’s the native one that appears twice:

Talking about this:

because of this:

The reason is it takes around 40 secs to break the password. So current encryption system is kind of pointless.

1 Like

yep, i’m also having the SFOS browser listed twice

I am srill seeing other ambiences than my favorites sorted first when selecting ambience.

Is this a bug that i tracked or are there only some that are affected by this?

The favorites system is useless if it does not sort those ambiences first IMHO.

The simple & safe way:

1. Install Sailfish Utilities from Jolla Store.
  2. Open Settings > System > Utilities.
  3. Scroll to the last item “Tracker database”. Tap “Clear”
  4. Wait for a minute or two.
  5. Open Gallery & Media apps to check when done and what was found.

The improvements on the Android App Support are not on the older version used on Xperia X (JollaC, Tablet). You are not doing anything wrong.

We are working on this, it will become much better. Please wait.

Hmm. I wrote a comment about this to the bug we had “fixed”.

It is on our backlog, i.e., we have not yet fixed this.

I agree, that would make this mess more readable. I do not know, either, how to do it, but I will ask around.

6 Likes

this is what i did on 4.2 … sadly it has no effects anymore…
i even reinstalled it… no effect…

how should i proceed…

°edit: after another reboot it seem to work now…
thx again for ur support…

Did you create a copy of that open-url.desktop file previously? I know some people were doing that to fix clashes with http handlers with some third-party apps, and if that was still there then this might happen.

Thank you for getting back to me, no I haven’t edited any files for http handler clashing purposes (or any other purposes :slight_smile: ) It is not a deal breaker by no means for me just I reporting it back in case there’s something obvious to look at / fix.