[Release notes] Struven ketju 4.5.0 EULA update

Neither new nor surprising, as far as I can tell. I would even say that that’s to be expected from an EULA. “You may use the software under those terms” is kinda the point of an EULA. The contraposition of that statement would be: “If you don’t uphold to the terms, you may not use the software”.

7 Likes

After update I can see unlock code numbers instead of dots.

1 Like

I don’t have my Xperia 10 III right now, what if I don’t update to this new version and agree on this Eula? I would not be able to download Sauna update? I’ve a paid license of course

If you do not approve EULA, you will not get Sailfish OS 4.6.0 Sauna release. This is a stop release.

2 Likes

For me this is normal business. Also EULA needs sometime an update.

4 Likes

@rainemak Is there ANY possibility that you shed some light on which new phone model you will be supporting? Not an official or ultimate statement, merely something like that “most probably the next supported phone model will be… the 10 V / 10 IV / both / whatever else”.

For some reason I really have to (and I mean I really have to) order the phone to be used for SFOS within the next few days. I really cannot affort doing it blindly and shelling out 400+ euros on a wrong device.

Not to mention that even the 10 V already now starts disappearing from stores, whereas in case of the 10 IV there are literally last units available.

I am sure that Jolla already knows which phone model will be supported. I can’t imagine or believe that at this point it is still unknown. PLEASE, make it easier for all of us and give us even just an entirely unofficial and noncommittal heads up. Members of this community surely deserve it.

Thank you very much.

25 Likes

Interesting, so this means that community ports need to pass through this version? I am curious how this would work, because there is no GUI (in usage yet) for the update to accept the EULA.

1 Like

What is the best way to remove and re-add ca-certificates?

1 Like

What is stop release?

1 Like

Find more information regarding stop release from the docs.

3 Likes

I was guilty of never reading these EULA when asked for (too long don’t read), up to this one. Most of the text looks like “technical law” oriented, which is expected. But there are some interesting parts:

3. License

[...] In case of Free Software, have fun [...]

That’s a correct advice ; -)

8 Likes

What does this point release actually bring?

There is nothing i spotted in the post above (from 19H ago).
The link to the blog is from the original 4.5.0 release a year ago.

Colour me confused…

1 Like

Nothing just a change in the eula, in preparation for the next 4.6

2 Likes

@PeegeeTips It only makes sure that your use of software is governed by the new updated End User License Agreement before they give you the next big update with some actual software content.

2 Likes

Download just times out in establish connection…

But it’s possible to flash directly Sauna when it goes live on device without this update? I don’t have the phone right now. That’s my point :wink:

@Valorsoguerriero97 You’ll agree with the EULA when you do that. The new EULA is going to be a part of Sauna. This is kind of sneak agree.

2 Likes

Correct, it could be thought so that already this 4.5.0.25 can be flashed when needed. Sauna release contains EULA as well - very likely the same.

2 Likes

Ahhh Got it. I was thinking that every Jolla account should’ve opt in with this Eula otherwise would not be allowed to run Sauna or something like that :joy: now it’s clear.

I would guess it’s not too far away from the truth that as you now “opt in” with the new EULA by updating to this release, then they at Jollyboys have zero imaginable potential legal issue in allowing you to receive Sauna as an over-the-air update through your running operating system on your phone with all the legal business already being out of the way.