[Release notes] Struven ketju 4.5.0.16

yes it’s clear,Thanks.
i thought i could just skip updates and get the whole package when i feel like, without having to go through all the previous ones.

1 Like

i have actually never had any issues with the hotspot; until yesterday. although i’m not sure, if the problem was on the pcs side, as i reinstalled and the pc still had the hotspot in known networks. didnt investigate that any further tho.

my car and SFOS is a bit of a hassle though, i always need to pair via terminal, else it doesnt show me the field to type in the code.
after its been paired through the terminal it works flawlessly.

that is the reason its called a stop release. unless its a new install, you have to upgrade to the stop release first, and the upgrade to latest

4 Likes

For which devices? Also for Xperia X? And XA2?

The X (and Tablet and Jolla C) is stuck on 4.4 just as always.
All newer Xperias gets the update. Same as all the previous updates of AAS.

1 Like

Well, I believe it should be stated explicitly in the release notes.

2 Likes

It is stated explicitly in the store. You are over-interpreting the release notes if you believe that would change.

And technically the android app support on the older devices isn’t “Android AppSupport” (note generic description vs product name), but the older Aliendalvik solution.

2 Likes

In the store the newest Xperias are stated to have Android 10, no mention of 11 at all. And “Aliendalvik” also not mentioned, it is called there “Android App Support” for all devices (only differs in version).

Anyway, I understand your point, but I think it could be clearer in the release notes…

1 Like

Xperia X stopped at Android 4.4
Probably OK for XA2 though I guess

I thought we were in EA

The jack itself is working.
(e.g.: If the phone is sleeping when you plug a headset in there, sailfishOs will detect the plugging and will wake the phone).

It’s the logic that decides whereto route audio that fails. (it send audio to the earpiece instead of the headset).

You can use the application harbour-audio-chooser to manually switch the audio routing.

Also, i’ve noticed it happens less often if a usb connection to your laptop was plugged into the phone while it booted.

3 Likes

You are right, thank you. I noticed this behaviour first time after this update.

No. I kept it installed

1 Like

Hi, I notice some screen auto-orientation/orientation lockup issues?

• Camera do not save orientation when taking a picture
  • If an android app force landscape orientation, all other apps are also in forced landscape afterwards (even after original app is closed)
2 Likes

I noticed this last month on 4.4 on the Xperia 10 II, so that one is probably not related to the new update. In my case, it only happened because the Android app forced landscape mode, whereas I had Sailfish set to force portrait mode. Temporarily setting the device orientation in Sailfish to ‘Dynamic’ (now ‘Automatic’) also disabled the forced landscape mode on the Android side. I don’t know if there’s a bug report for that yet, if not I’ll have to make one.

Yes.
if i have my screen rotation deactivated on portrait and open YT in an android browser all android apps are landscape and i need to toggle the orientation off and on again

Xperia XA2, 10, 10 II, and 10 III. All devices that had Android 10 level previously.

And that is the correct way.

3 Likes

@cvwild Hi, is this the right manual https://jolla.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/article_attachments/360025713940/Flashing_Sailfish_X_to_Xperia_10_II_with_Windows_10_computer.pdf to flash my Xperia X 10 II device from 4.5.0.16 to 4.4.0.72 if I have the right flash file from here (Jolla shop) and I use a Win10 PC?

I upgraded on my Xperia 10 II. The upgrade-bar went to about 60% and stopped. After waiting I rebooted the device and it was borked; I’d get the initial passcode requester but then the display went blank and I couldn’t use the device at all (also couldn’t access it over SSH, perhaps the WiFi was off, no way to switch it on as the display was blank). I believe it was running as I believe I could unlock with fingerprint (vibration) though.

I was in a hurry as I needed the phone back online for work for the next day and had to reflash. And lost all my photos due to not having backed those up :frowning: (Totally my fault yes, I had the backup that the phone makes but again, that doesn’t do media nor MMS images (which has been complained in other threads before). To that I would also add that it’s sad that the Store app won’t remember what apps you had installed and now I keep guessing what I had (both Store and Storeman). Also my phone/SMS history wasn’t there until restart. Also the backup included accounts that I had removed before making the backup. </end of rant about backup functionality>

Now that I’ve re-build most of my stuff I’ve noticed these issues:

• Browser: playing some YouTube videos skips heavily and halts during the first 10sec if played in higher res than 480p
  • Browser-based login to O365 or Nextcloud won’t proceed all the way. O365 signing (from Android app Printix) stops at white screen after giving username and password and Nextcloud login (from Sailfish app Fuoten) gives NC’s own internal server error.
  • connecting to a WLAN presented a blank list and I had to turn wifi off and back on until it worked
1 Like

Kinda.
the stuff in there is correct, but its nit that much.
this is a kind of grid, where you can choose, what you want.

if you are comfortable with burning a .iso file to a usbstick with f.i. Balena etcher, you can use linux. Then you dont needto install al the drivers and stuff. Then uts just 1 or two commands.

btw. Im german, i think youre too, right?