[Release notes] Struven ketju 4.5.0.16

Hi cvwild. Here is my dump from systemctl status aliendalvik:

● aliendalvik.service - Alien Dalvik
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/aliendalvik.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Drop-In: /usr/lib/systemd/system/aliendalvik.service.d
└─01-prevent-start.conf, 01-user.conf
Active: activating (start) since Mon 2023-02-06 18:12:31 CET; 1min 34s ago
Process: 15696 ExecStopPost=/usr/libexec/appsupport/stop-aliendalvik.sh (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Process: 16225 ExecStartPost=/usr/libexec/appsupport/alien-device-config.sh (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Process: 15647 ExecStartPost=/usr/libexec/appsupport/alien-post-startup.sh (code=exited, status=20)
Main PID: 15861 (start-aliendalv)
Memory: 693.9M
CGroup: /system.slice/aliendalvik.service
├─15861 /bin/sh /usr/libexec/appsupport/start-aliendalvik.sh
├─15895 /bin/sh /usr/libexec/appsupport/start-aliendalvik.sh
├─15896 lxc-start --rcfile=/tmp/appsupport/aliendalvik/config --lxcpath=/tmp/appsupport -n aliendalvik -F
├─15901 /system/bin/init second_stage
├─15927 /system/bin/logd
├─15928 /system/bin/servicemanager
├─15929 /system/bin/hwservicemanager
├─15930 /system/bin/vndservicemanager /dev/vndbinder
├─15931 /system/bin/vold --blkid_context=u:r:blkid:s0 --blkid_untrusted_context=u:r:blkid_untrusted:s0 --fsck_context=u:r:fsck:s0 --fsck_untrusted_context=u:r:fsck_untrusted:s0
├─15983 /system/bin/hw/android.system.suspend@1.0-service
├─15998 /system/bin/tombstoned
├─16004 /apex/com.android.os.statsd/bin/statsd
├─16005 /system/bin/netd
├─16006 zygote64
├─16007 zygote
├─16008 /system/bin/hw/android.hardware.audio.service
├─16009 /system/bin/hw/android.hardware.configstore@1.1-service
├─16010 /system/bin/hw/android.hardware.drm@1.0-service
├─16011 /system/bin/hw/android.hardware.graphics.composer@2.1-service
├─16012 /system/bin/hw/android.hardware.thermal@1.0-service
├─16013 /system/bin/hw/android.hidl.allocator@1.0-service
├─16015 /system/bin/healthd
├─16016 /system/bin/audioserver
├─16017 /system/bin/credstore /data/misc/credstore
├─16018 /system/bin/gpuservice
├─16019 /system/bin/lmkd
├─16037 /system/bin/traced_probes
├─16038 /system/bin/traced
├─16039 media.codec hw/android.hardware.media.omx@1.0-service
├─16040 /system/bin/cameraserver
├─16041 /system/bin/drmserver
├─16044 /system/bin/idmap2d
├─16046 /system/bin/incidentd
├─16047 /system/bin/installd
├─16048 /system/bin/iorapd
├─16049 /system/bin/keystore /data/misc/keystore
├─16050 media.extractor aextractor
├─16051 media.metrics diametrics
├─16052 /system/bin/mediaserver
├─16053 /system/bin/storaged
├─16054 media.swcodec oid.media.swcodec/bin/mediaswcodec
├─16055 /system/bin/gatekeeperd /data/misc/gatekeeper
├─16244 system_server
├─16395 /system/bin/iorap.prefetcherd --input-fd 7 --output-fd 8
└─17114 sleep 1

1 Like

@cvwild: I just saw there is a new dir in home. It is called “appsupport-root”. It is empty on my side. Can you please tell me if it is also empty by you or can you tell me what content is in there. Thanx.

1 Like

For me theres three folders.

.cache (in which are a whole lot of other folders, in the end there is only one file “.aliendalvik”, which is empty. Mayve try placing that in

/home/appsupport-root/.cache/lxc/run/lxc/lock/tmp/appsupport/

then pictures and videos (theres just the default wallpapers and the sfos video)

I also had the issue that bluetooth refused to switch on at first. Only a cold boot fixed that.

Another issue is that I don’t have Storeman anymore. I had kept it installed and after upgrade it opened fine, but got stuck on “refreshing cache”, which didn’t do anything. I then did a pkcon refresh from the terminal which seemed to fix it.

Installing packages didn’t work, however, so I removed it and then ran the Storeman Installer again. However, though the RPM installs fine, I don’t get any icon visible in my app drawer.

Battery drain seems to have gotten quite a bit worse on my 10 II, even with barely any use the battery goes from 80% in the morning to 45% in the evening. That used to be somewhat better.

Also, it’s no longer possible to dismiss the notification from Signal saying “Background connection established”.

Very good and important improvements. I can use the Xperia III as my daly driver now.

I´ve noticed that the 3,5mm audio jack is not working any longer, audio is still be played on phone speakers.

Are there any news on roaming yet?

@cvwild I wrote yesterday a service request to care@jolla.zendesk.com and asked them if they can support me to solve my issue. I will wait for the next 3 days. Maybe they will help me and they explain me how to convert the old android apps to the new android version 11. If not I would like to get your help for reinstallation.

1 Like
  • mobile data can fail in various ways => not encountered that
  • wifi hotspot fails=> use SIM’s slot 2, and it works - there is a fix coming soon
  • only 1 / 3 cameras supported => true, not a big deal for me, but would be nice
  • massive echo problems on calls => don’t have this issue
  • bluetooth car audio issues => no issue
2 Likes

Please read its OpenRepos page thoroughly and retry. You are welcome open an issue at GitHub with the log file attached. Also please denote in your issue report what exactly you mean by stating “the RPM installs fine”: Storeman Installer or Storeman?

Most likely the signal notification can be disabled in Androids notification settings.

I do have the same problem. Installed Storeman-Installer via chum. But can’t see an icon. Calling “harbour-storeman-installer” via terminal shows the following error: “Number of parameters is not 2, but 0”

Xperia 10 II, android apps lost network from 4g, if turn on wifi all apps had connection to internet. Thought this problem were fixed several versions ago.

i understand,but still would like to know if this is possible.

Just disable auto-checking for updates and re-enable when you’re ready, noone’s forced to update, some ppl stay on 3.x releases for a variety of reasons

i just would like to know if it is possible to skip an update generally and this one in particular;
and how much can i skip before it becomes an issue.

Xperia10 Ii, cannot make calls but can receive calls. Does not get any errors, just nothing happens.

You will eventually have to pass through it, you most likely won’t be able to jump to 5.0 from 4.4, so you’ll just do x updates in a row, or flash the latest if you want to bother with restoring things

2 Likes

Did you uninstall AlienDalvik before upgrading?

i understand now; so the next update won’t include this one,but be a standalone one.

I’m sorry but I don’t understand you now, OS updates include all the previous things, so if you eventually decide you’re ready to update to say 4.6, fixes from 4.5 will be included as you update through all 4.5 releases until 4.6, you can’t just skip updating system components and keep silica from 3.x on 4.6 if that makes sense?

1 Like