[Release notes] Struven ketju 4.5.0.16

Yes, I had 2.1 GB free disk space on my internal system memory.

1 Like

First time I had problem with fingerprint reader on 10 with 4.5.0.16. With previous release never had issue. What’s worse is that fingerprint restart form sfos utilities didnt help. Only reboot worked.

What was the time between “early bird” OTA and “normal user” OTA-update in the past?

At what point of time could the OTA for 4.5.0.16 as normal user be estimated at the moment?

It’s a known issue that connecting X10III to certain docks causes it to reboot. This confirms that the issue still exists with 4.5.0, which I was wondering about.

I can try to get some logs about the issue, but I don’t really want to cause a hard crash to my daily driver :sweat_smile:

If there is no urgent fix for a new version it’s about one week.

1 Like

thanks, then I am happy.

I had the same problem and the following fixed it:

systemctl restart aliendalvik

I waited about 30 seconds to a minute, ctrl+c in terminal

systemctl stop aliendalvik

I noticed some of my apps were showing up, but a lot were still missing so. Ctrl+c, then one more time

systemctl restart aliendalvik

All Android apps are now there and the data has been retained.

2 Likes

i just reinstalled. didn’t find any way to fix.
just make sure to make a backup.
and maybe take a screenshot of your app drawer.

I just tried it. But unfortunaly it did not work for me. Nevertheless thank you for your advise.

Ok. I assume that was a lot of work. Do you have a description for a reinstallation? I do not know how to install 4.4.0.72 over 4.5.0.16? Do you know a manual for that. Thanks a lot.

What is the app drawer? Is it the apps grid?

You cannot, since 4.5.0 is a stop release. You need to reflash 4.4.0.72.

1 Like

When Jolla deems it to be ready.
This statement is valid at any “moment”.

4 Likes

I just noticed that the flashlight disappeared from the top menu, I was able to re-enable it from settings but I don’t think it should have disappeared (in general the feel of the top-menu was as if it had been reset, which was also a nice chance to revisit all the available options for the top menu).

Also one of the buttons in gPodder disappeared which seems to be because image://icon-m-download no longer exists.

for reinstallation you need to reflash your phone. depending on what computer you have its more or less easy (i can help you tho).
that thing with the stop release is not the reason. (more about those over here)
as 4.5 is currently still in EA, you cannot download it from shop.jolla.com directly. you have to reflash .72 and then you can upgrade to 4.5 if you want. after that you can install stuff and restore your backups.

and yes, the app drawer is the grid :wink:

very good advice.

also tried it before giving up yesterday, but it didn’t want to.
actually i looked up, what

systemctl status aliendalvik

gave me, and it gave me some stuff. but i was too tired to investigate.

maybe try that before reflashing, maybe it can help others too. @tmindrup
just post the output here

Thanks attah. It had slipped past my radar. Done.

Yes indeed. Your sentence states it better.

1 Like

Yes, exactly, it is the kind of feedback I wanted. Thanks for those convincing reasons. I have removed the bullet point for Storeman.

7 Likes

i see there are many issues,
is it possible to skip this update and wait for the following one?

Please note that 4.5 is still in Early Access, and i would suggest you wait for the final release. It is quite common and expected to have such hickups on early releases.

4 Likes