[Release notes] Struven ketju 4.5.0.16

Woah, though that III biggest problem is only echo but this is worse. Let’s hope that next release will fix this.

When uninstalling android apps doesn’t work as it should.
It says the app was removed successfully but i still see the icons and they still shown in System>apps but the app itself doesn’t work since it’s uninstalled

Did you by any chance try to uninstall several Android apps quickly?

1 Like

Nice :slight_smile: It would be great to add the same funcionality to calendar - for location of the event. I promise that will fix %xx url escaping in next release of OSM Scout.

4 Likes

My phone did not reboot when finished with the update (at least the bar was full), after 25 minutes had passed since the beginning of the upgrade process and the bar had been full for several minutes I forced a shutdown by holding all buttons.

After rebooting I seem to have 4.5.0.16 though I can’t rule out that some packages have not been fully updated.

Other than that as reported by others I had to move all android Icons back to their correct places/folders in my main menu.

Haven’t checked anything else beyond that and gPodder yet.

2 Likes

Woohooo!
The fingerprint sensor service seems fixed, nice (XPeria 10 II)

The update was a bit “bumpy” in that the phone didnt reboot after the initial install
(with the full status bar & SFOS logo).

Also, is it me or is there no new blog post on the page?? The top-most refers to May 22?

That happens after release. This is now only EA.

3 Likes

Hi cvwild. I have the same problem. All my android apps are gone. Also the android app support is ony in status ‘starting’. I already waited for 9 hours but nothing changed in the meantime. Do you have some new information how this issue can be solved.

• No issues with mobile data (Finland with Telia and Elisa)
  • WiFi hotspot works fine (so does USB tethering after installing the necessary packages)
  • Camera2 API is still unimplemented => only 1 camera :frowning:
  • Echo issue is still there (Sony hasn’t solved it either AFAICT) (but using low volume and wired/Bluetooth headset circumvents the issue)
  • Bluetooth car audio issues == can’t pair with some audio systems, I assume? The bug is still there, so you have to pair the devices over the command line, but afterwards, no issues for me.

IIRC I had this once, and reboot fixed the issue, I think…

There are many logs of this issue, and they all seem to point at re-enabling repositories. As this seem to be not-so-rare occurrence, and it happens with the as-official-as-it-can-get Chum repo, too, it should really be fixed… (Yes, happened to me too.)

The Android data seems to be improved w.r.t. WiFi↔mobile switching, but there’s something mysterious still… For example, Fennec (“Firefox”) can’t access some domains, whereas Browser and Vivaldi (Android) can at the same time, switching back and forth. Could it be Fennec just respects some Android connectivity state and doesn’t even try? It doesn’t depend on IPv4 or IPv4/IPv6 being used. Anyone else with this issue?

3 Likes

On XPeria 10 II I had the same; a simple restart of the android layer worked it out.
Funny to notice that the icon format of the Android app’s has been SFOS’ed (Whatsapp, mapps, amazon appstore, firefox, fdroid).

I restarted my Xperia X 10 II several times. And I ensured that the Android App Support was already started during boot procedure, but nothing changed. My Setting->Android App Support status remains on ‘starting’. After the update the Android version is 11 and the Api level is 30.

I had to reflash the 4.4 version and then upgrade to 4.5 on both my devices. Xperia 10 II and 10 III. On both devices Android refused to start. After reflash the 10 III works fine but the 10 II has no Internet connection for Android apps.

Did you try restarting the android layer without rebooting as well?

Wifi or Data, or Both?

When I try to start the Android Support via the start button at Settings->Android App Support the status goes to ‘starting’ and nothing more happen.

I already did it with wifi and mobile data on.

Installing on 10ii was quick and I had no issues.
Only problem was failure to send SMS. Disabling 4g calls or rebooting fixed that. Later I enabled 4g calls and still SMS works.

2 Likes

It seems that there was a long delay removing the icons.
When i used my phone today the icons had been removed and the apps had been removed as they should.

it took quite some minutes for me to have the android apps showing up again (and the android layer started, obv.) but in the end it did work out fine (except for them not sorted in their groups anymore).
I do not really know if underneath copy jobs of android app data had been ongoing, but that could explain my delays, as there would have been quite some data to be moved in my case. So, I’m just guessing here, did not debug at all, but: do you have some > 2GB free space available?

Not sure if this is something new after the upgrade. But I upgraded my Xperia 10 III yesterday and today I tried to charge it using the main connector of a thunderbolt dock (DELL WD19s). When I do that, the OS starts showing something in the top (charging indicator animation fits) and then reboots. If it is already plugged in during boot then it gets into a reboot loop.

I have not yet tried to extract some logs, maybe I can get e.g. some dmesg output by ssh’ing into the phone.