[Release notes] Sauna 4.6.0.13

Anyone else having problems with the Appsupport after the upgrade to 4.6.0.13? Appsupport now crashes using any app after 1-3 taps. Reinstalling appsupport without nuking all apps did not help.
Edit: Device is Xperia 10 III, (running 4.6.0.13), Steps to reproduce: Open any app, attempt to use its Interface, whole AppSupport crashes. This seems to be only a problem with using actual apps, AppSupport does not crash when using adb commands like pm.

Your problem is not clear. On which device? What exactly do you do before AppSupport crashes?

Hey, I updated my post with some more information. I’d just nuke the whole AppSupport, but I’ve got one important App that i can’t backup right now.

Reinstall opengapps?

Soryy, I forgot to include that I use microG. If you can tell me how to completely remove microG with ADB pm, I’d give the script from Ikraav a shot.

1 Like

No idea, but such weird quick closing of android apps did happen to me when upgrading from 4.4 to 4.5 and without rerunning opengapps script, so maybe related, not sure

1 Like

Yeah, I saw the post over at the 4.6.0.11 Release thread, but sadly, there is now comparable script for microG

Aside from top menu, flawless upgrade from 4.5.

I had some minor problems to update my tablets, but now they work as i can see after short testing :smiley:.

Update on Jolla C went smoothly.

Damn. Podcatcher doesn’t work. My sadness knows no bounds.

Nothing provides 'qt5-qtqml-import-webkitplugin' needed by the to be installed harbour-podcatcher-2.02-1.aarch64

No progress, unfortunately. I do not know about the “will”.
Making a proper feature request here in the Forum would be better. The discussion in threads like this gets easily lost and goes unnoticed. We have an internal task for the request, though.

Kiitos!

6 Likes

I thought this feature will be fixed & properly introduced when the update rolled out to all.
As you can see in this example:

the little arrow that brings up the ‘Reply’ button, doesn’t expand the chats as well. Only the last line of text is shown. So one can’t actually reply to the whole conversation and ends up opening the app to reply anyway.

I tried to install the update, ignored the list of pacckages-to-be-removed and I got the result “update could not be installed, try again later”. I tapped restart, it rebooted, flashed white multiple times then nothing happened. I restarted with force reboot, but now screen reverts to black after the splash screen. What can I do? Any help is appreciated!
Edit: In the white flashing screen the text “no apps started” is displayed in light gray on white.

Open the app from the android settings and it will work (I use the ING app also).

I, too, had a multitude of problematic packages (mostly opt-kf5_…) from Chum that I couldn’t remove due to circular dependencies. So I ignored the advice to remove, which has often worked before, but first install attempt failed with a “Try again later” message.

Luckily, someone else had recently run into the same problem and @eson provided a solution:

The next upgrade attempt succeeded without issue, after I had removed all offending packages and rebooted.

Thank you @Jolla for the release! Now off to enjoy the improvements :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Since the instructions are not there: Is 4.6.0.13 not rolled out to Xperia IV and V? And if not, when will this happen?

My understanding was, that it will be rolled out, with the public release of 4.6.0.13

Exactly 1 month ago they said “in 1-2 months”. So it should happen between tomorrow and July 20th :wink:

4 Likes

Maybe it will happen as soon as the instructions will be there.

1 Like

I am also waiting for Xperia V. I did not buy the phone to have it be a paperweight. I get that Android compatibility is to be released later, but the core OS was supposed to be released at Sauna launch.

1 Like