[Release notes] Sauna 4.6.0.11

I do not entirely understand your question due to the wording.

If you mean “Is there a community version for 10 V?”; the answer is:
we are still waiting for such relesase.

To further clarify — in near future we are promised the trial release, and only after that the fully-featured one.

The changelog sure is long and beefy, it is unfortunate however that still no remedy for Unable to set lock pin for Android apps requiring it has been introduced (be it even just a quick-and-dirty hotfix), after a year of being officially tracked. :woozy_face:

4 Likes

I googled it and found that some lineagos phones have the same problem. Their fix was flashing an older version, setting the lock pin and then updating. So i guess it’s something Google introduced.

Seems like removing and reinstalling MicroG Services and MicroG Companion helped with my Android AppSupport crashes (it’s still somewhat unstable, but nowhere near as bad as it was).

About half of the time when I restart the phone, I’ll get notifications for the last several SMS messages I received, so this at least wasn’t an one-time thing after upgrade.

1 Like

apps installed before opengapps script still complain about lack of gms, so I’d assume the same, just reinstall android apps you need once you settle on the spyframework of choice (yes in order to get notifications in apps microg is just talking with googo,edit: and hope your signal/whatsapps/whatever didn’t use push notifications as all these messages are unencrypted at googol lel)

I didn’t get any complaints from apps, the whole Android AppSupport just crashed hard after 1-3 taps in any Android app (including those that don’t use any Google services at all).

1 Like

Yeah I really think reinstall of whole android apps is the way to go then, I had to reflash but appsupport is now way more reliable than on 4.5, wifi-mobile toggle no issue etc, sorry if not helpful

With Sauna, Bluetooth is not working with hand free calls on Xperia 10 III. Playing media is always as bad as with previous version: random disconnections and glitches.
This is very very annoying.

Please can you be more specific here wrt the devices affected.

I haven’t noticed any regressions in my use of BT LG-Tone-FP5 in ear phones, 2012 MB Car kit, or with a Yamaha RN-303D stereo receiver.

My usage is often 10hrs/day.

I rebooted my 10 II with 4.6, and I re-received a notification for every SMS message I have received in last ~one week’s time.

This happened also after the first boot after the update.

Shortly after the 4.6 release i had to travel abroad and to my surprise roaming on 10iii seems to work ok and get data connections too, sometimes it drops to 2.5G but still a big improvement from previous releases, well done sailors!

9 Likes

Where did you go? Roaming is very important for me.

I went to Greece, same place as last year, same isp, where roaming was not working, now it is usable. I still get 2.5G sometimes, but i also got 4G too. Unless the isp changed something with their network, the only other change is the sfos 4.6 upgrade.

3 Likes

That is great to hear! Wherever I went abroad (GR included) roaming internet never worked. Always at 2.5G and no data arrows. Had to switch to the 2nd SIM for GR which is a local one. Effectively roaming didn’t work. I will travel also this week abroad so I am quite keen to see if roaming works.

1 Like

@dcaliste Is subscribing to webcalendars (plain ics-files) working in 4.6.0.11? I added a new webcalendar (https://haapukerva.nimenhuuto.com/calendar/ical), but can’t see the events in Calendar.
Old events in other webcals, that were downloaded before the upgrade, are visible. But I can’t comfirm whether they get updated or not.
I have been toying with libwebcal-client.so, so this might be my doing.

This WebCal url is showing fine on my Xiii, 4.5.0.25. Did you experience problems before?

No problems before upgrading to 4.6.0.11.

That is interesting, I use roaming regularly on ny Xperia 10 iii and this works flawlessly with OS 4.5 (not on 4.6 yet).

2 Likes

Worked since 2017 in GE, NL, BE, FR, UK, DK, NO, SW, FI, AU, IT, SL, PL, CR, SW but but there are problems with some providers. I had no mobile data in Austria in 2022 but it worked the year before and the year after.
I had to switch to IPv4 in Poland for some time.

My impression is that provider settings with the X III or modern versions of SFOS are far more sensible.

Therefore my interest in Roaming with 4.6.

Could be my provider and the way Roaming works for their network. In the past I also used roaming without problems in XA2 etc (but with a different ISP). My current guess is because my provider is an MVNO when they are roaming some of their setup may be custom in a way and in combination with SFOS not having all edge cases implemented I end up without data. I will see if 4.6 had any changes that improve this. I had high hopes on the IPv6 / IPv4 CLAT support but it was made available in one of 4.5.x releases and I didn’t see an improvement when roaming.