[Release notes] Sauna 4.6.0.11

I spoke too soon sadly. I thought 4.6 had cured the mobile data connectivity issue on Android, but it hasn’t. I’m out and about today and, as soon as I left home, and went from wifi to mobile data, all connectivity disappeared for Android apps. As before, connectivity remained fine for all native apps. Stopping / restarting AppSupport fixed the issue, but its still a long term pain.

5 Likes

Did you try to switch mobile data on just before leaving home and switching WiFi off after a few seconds? Works for me

I setup “situations” to disable mobile data when I’m connected to wifi e enable it when I’m not. It works for me as well

3 Likes

I tried the calendar link you posted and can see several events. On Tuesdays mostly Harkka, next week has Harkka, Matsi ja Muu.

Anything else I can check?

[Xperia X / 4.6.0.11 Early Access]

2 Likes

In the Sauna 4.6.0.11 early subscribers release Android is a little more flaky on my Xperia 10 III and two of my banking apps (ASN Bank and ABN Amro) also have an issue: when scanning an iDeal QR and entering my final pin for authorization they both say “something went wrong”. I did try a full reinstall and registration of both apps.

Is this a known issue that will be fixed in the final release?

2 Likes

There has been a similar pre-4.6 issue. If you don’t have a default browser set for the Android side, you may want to install a Chromium-based browser like Vivaldi and set it up as the default browser and then try autenthication again. This did help us in this January with our “MobilePay appvnot working after update” woes.

But it may also be that the Android Webview has become too obsolete, or somesuch.

1 Like

Removing all that before installing worked perfectly for me (XA2).
Edit: I made a fresh install + partition resize on 4.5.

I’m still waiting for the update to be available for the other one (Xperia X).

1 Like

Please, keep us posted if you manage to improve GPS… :slight_smile:

1 Like

No, I didn’t try this - but it seems a bit of an onerous thing to do every time I leave or enter the house, office, etc. It is supposed to be a mobile phone, and it is 2024 and not the 1990s :disappointed:

2 Likes

The disappearing finger print issue on Xperia 10 iii is also still there as well in 4.6 EA as well - just got hit by that again today for the first time since upgrading to 4.6.

3 Likes

I’ve never had a fingerprint issue since 4.5. (4.4 had some).
What’s up with echo and battery drain? Everything is better then before? Echo was may biggest problem, battery last one day without problem, it was just aggravating…

Search for flashing sfos on top of android 13 binaries on xiii, it fixes echo issue

1 Like

Thanks. What is the modification date of /usr/lib/buteo-plugins-qt5/oopp/libwebcal-client.so? And the size?

Replying to myself here to happily report that I have full 5G roaming in Switzerland! I am excited to say the least since I was expecting the usual 2.5G no data situation :slight_smile:

9 Likes

It is from March 19, 2024 at 04:59:31 CET and is 42.21 KiB in size.

I had similar issue with POP Mobiili. I couldn’t log in, “something went wrong”. I couldn’t remove the profile either, sounds like a r/w issue… Only removing and re-installing the app helped.

I’m not able to update my 10III, the GUI Updater downloads the update, but doesn’t install anything after the reboot. Using the cli, the phone is stuck on the lockscreen seems like it is not able to bring up the devicelock screen.

Good to know 5G actually works on SFOS. I never managed to get a 5G connection in the brief period between the update and the fateful day I dropped my Xperia 10 III into a deep puddle, breaking the screen. :neutral_face:

I have never managed to get a 5G connection on my 10 iii either, even when I’m in central London where there is a very good 5G signal and I can constantly get 5G on my iPhone using the SIM card from the 10 iii. Maybe the x10 iii doesn’t have the right 5G bands for the UK.

2 Likes

I do get 5G connection in central London, with 10III dual SIM (not sure if it supports different bands than the single SIM) on Lebara (MVNO on Vodafone’s network). It is switching back to 4G quite often though.

2 Likes