[release notes] Pallas-Yllästunturi 3.4.0

Somehow all these issues self-healed overnight. tracker seemed to have run quite long causing high load for a while. Maybe everything got back to normal after tracker had finished?

@teertinker Uninstall aliendalvik-control is not enough. Try devel-su + rpm -e --noscripts aliendalvik-control

I am very happy to report that this issue has finally been fixed: https://together.jolla.com/question/201324

Scrolling performance in the launcher on the Jolla Tablet is smooth now, at last. The only problem is that now scrolling performance in other places seems to have taken a hit, e.g. in Quickddit the scrolling is quite choppy.

I have had this same thing happen to me now and then as of lately on previous version of Sailfish OS, but rebooting the device has fixed it for me. Xperia XA2 dualsim.

I wonder if the phone might think that there are headphones jacked in, or something?

aliendalvik

• Add support for f5121

Is Android 8.1 support coming for Xperia X?

8 Likes

While I dislike the overlay buttons in the mail app and think those options should be in the pully, I’d say the call dialog is a positive change. Previously, when I pulled my phone out of my pocket, had it lying next to me in my car or on the table, I sometimes had it upside down and dismissed the call instead of answering. Since most phones are higher than they are wide, it is much easier to distinguish a side swipe from an up or down swipe. So in my case that design works a lot better. I only kind of miss the dismiss pully to quickly pull up different rejection answers.

4 Likes

Just to let you know that I was able to flash 3.3.0.16 from Windows (flashing on Linux wouldn’t start, don’t know why) and install 3.4.0.22 from the UI afterwards. Things seem okay now, thanks!

Asking about consistency in the UI:
what is the action to slumber an alarm then, now?

Reading about the new horizontal swipe of answering a call (and vertically for rejecting?)
I would now expect the alarm to slumber sideways and stop on horizontally.
Let me guess it is still up and down, right?

3 Likes

Yup, still as before.

3 Likes

Mail and browser work better now - before the update I wasn’t able to sync my gmail account - this freezed mail app.
UI design is getting worse and worse.
Beside this I can’t log into OnDrive account after this update. It says that login is successful but that says than account needs to be updates, again and again.

thanks for your work guys. Keep rocking

1 Like

Some web pages use swipe gestures, so not very practical.

1 Like

You might want to install the browser-history-swipes patch, to have sort of that behavior

Swipe URL in browser toolbar right/left in order to go back/forward

within the Patchmanager 3.0 package
https://openrepos.net/content/coderus/patchmanager-30

1 Like

At least after this update debacle “people would have to reflash their phones” can no longer be a serious argument against that.

11 Likes

There is even a dedicated topic for this!

What about the remorse layout ‘debacle’

Is it still the same?

2 Likes

Huh?
Not everybody is using Early Access. Users on this forum might, but most more normal users won’t.
I would think that Jolla can see in their list of accounts all the users on Xperia X and what percentage has enabled access to early access releases, but even that is not a definitive answer.

I am on early acces on my XA2, but mostly I wait 2 days before installing. Most often it is quite safe and I go ahead, but not this time, there was too much noise.
I prefer waiting a few weeks for the next EA instead of running a higher than ususal risk of flashing.

3 Likes

Well, early access isn’t meant to be for daily drivers. Imho it is for testing purposes and finding bugs.

5 Likes

Still the same, but I hope it changes. I just slumber my alarm by turning my phone upside down atm though.

1 Like

Yes, this ugly design solution is still here.

2 Likes