[release notes] Kvarken 4.1.0

Update to 4.1.0.24 was available on my 2 phones by Settings/Updates/Search for updates and the usual confirmations as it is always.

Download abt. 70 MB, confirm installation, enter access code a few times and at the end the SIM PIN. Result: both phones working without any problems, all data and settings still present.

Thank you Jolla!

edit: my 2 phones are set to “early access” in the Jolla account.
A 3rd phone in my family, that is not set to “early access” does not see the both updates to 4.1.0.23 and -24.

Just updated from 4.1.0.23 to 4.1.0.24 and don’t see ill effects with keeping package less (XA2).

The .23 to .24 update should be now available through the UI also on Xperia 10 II free SailfishX version.

5 Likes

While I can’t test that anymore, it is still very much appreciated. Thanks! :3

So .24 fixes the last bullet point in the 10 II-specific issues (front camera with Android apps), right? In that case I recommend removing it from the text or adding a “fixed” somewhere.

Thanks for the reminder. Done.

Regarding of the Android on Xperia models (XA2 dual sim in my case):

"Rotation of Android apps fixed (it follows the option chosen at Settings > Display > Orientation)
"

Temporarily disabling the dynamic rotation by pressing a finger on the screen still doesn’t work properly for the Android apps. When you press a finger on screen, when flipping the device, the current orientation stays locked only as long as your finger stays on the screen.

As soon as you take your finger off the screen, the screen will rotate to match the current orientation of the device.

2 Likes

Hopefully that means sooner than later. It’s torture having a discussion on SMS or online and typing without predictive text. Please don’t let us wait a year for this :cry:

6 Likes

2021-05-24: 4.1.0.24 was released to Early Access subscribers. Some issues on Xperia 10 II fixed, including: Incl. front camera in WhatsApp video call

Suppose there are testers of Android support for Xperia 10 II. As user of free version we are out with Android support. Or how? Is there something I do not know?

Since 4.1 is still EA you probably won’t be able to buy the license version with Android support until its public release. At least that’s my guess, haven’t looked at the shop to verify
Certainly there are some alpha and beta test groups somewhere. so the mentioned fixes apply to that test version not yet released to public

1 Like

I am more than willing to BUY the beta license for Xperia 10ii, even at full price!

C’mon Jolla, give us that choice! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The licences will become available today.

11 Likes

And … I’ve already purchased a license :slight_smile:

1 Like

how can use the Limited time offer for Sailfish customers ?

1 Like

You are considered a “Sailfish customer” if you have had a Sailfish device and signed in to your Jolla account previously, and bought a Sailfish X licence previously. == SORRY, my mistake, a communication problem ==

Now, sign in to https://shop.jolla.com/ with your Jolla account credentials (top right area). Click BUY under Xperia 10 II. You should see the price 29.90 € there.

1 Like

Hmm, it still shows 49.90 €.

1 Like

same for me although I am a “Sailfish customer” for many years :slight_smile:

Sorry, my mistake: a previous licence is required to be entitled to get the discount.

A previous license of what device? I have 3 purchased previous licences in my account.

Went to shop → chose the 10 II → logged in → 29,90€ (just for you my friend! :wink: ). Seems to be a glitch in the shop if it shows wrong prices to old customers.

2 Likes