[release notes] Kvarken 4.1.0

also having this issue. android gallery just seems to crash apps. tried solution proposed elsewhere with no luck

A couple of issues I have (XA2):

1. Android rotation is still ‘sticky’. Many Android games rightly set the screen to horizontal but Alien Dalvik cannot revert it. Only shutting down and restarting Alien helps.
  2. The special WiFi portal popup almost never allows me to click the ubiquitous ‘Connect’ button. Same issue 4.0.1
1 Like

Known bug. This is because Alien Dalvik starts too early. Shut it down and restart it, or start it manually rather than automatically, and the bug goes away (until next reboot).

1 Like

Just a short note to say my power consumption is back to normal after an app update, so not likely an OS problem. Xperia X high battery consumption in Kvarken 4.1.0.24

Chinese layout is missing from the list of languages on Xperia 10II. It’s a big deal for some of us. Any plans to get it back?

All right, I’ve installed maliit-plugin-presage and the US and SV spell and keyboard packages via Storeman 0.2.8 on my Xperia 10 II running SFOS 4.1.0.24 (Kvarken). Then what, they do not seem to be available as a keyboard choice in the settings, nor can I find them anywhere else?

They should be there, look for (Presage) in Keyboard name

That was quick, and yes, there they were. Sigh, I need new glasses.

Hey all, I got an Xperia 10 ii a few days ago, after coming from 7 years of Jolla1, this is a real step up!

I note that the OS version of my device is 4.1.0.24 (Kvarken) and read recently that update 4.2 is on the way.

Will I be able to update to 4.2 via the GUI or will I have to physically flash it?, I am using the FREE SailfishOS version.

@Edz
You will not be notified and cannot update via the GUI.
But as soon as it is out you may update via CLI.

3 Likes

You’re a poet and you didn’t know it!

Thanks for info :slight_smile:

I will be “that” person and ask; are there any information about the 4.2.x release schedule, it has been brewing for a while now :slight_smile:

6 Likes

“soon” ® - just kidding, but as always, it will come when it’s ready :slight_smile:

2 Likes