[release notes] Koli 4.0.1

There can be something like that, possibly maybe… But my work-iphone is not saying anything at all when I unplug it - only thing that happens is that charge symbol disappears (iphone 7, program v. 14.3).

My BT headset(soundcore Q10) works now with all buttons, which it didn’t before so a huge thanks for that!

Now I did the update from 45 to 48 on my XA2 dual sim. All went fine, and luckily I don’t have problems mit dynamic orientation and fulscreen video play in chrome-based browsers. The dynamic orientation though seem to stuck after using a while, then re-starting start screen etc. or android support helps.

But it’s wise to not ignore warnings related to 2 libraries before updating as described here: IS IT safe to install 4.0.1.48.

Also, having newest aliendalvik-control and avoiding issues with apps installed via storemen should be considered.

Hi, thanks, couldn’t find the command for that earlier.

Now that I tried; nope, doesn’t help. If I do devel-su systemctl status bluetooth.service I got that it’s running, but also this:

helmi 16 18:51:48 Sailfish bluetoothd[2196]: bluetoothd[2196]: Unknown key Channels for group GATT in /etc/bluetooth/main.
conf
helmi 16 18:51:48 Sailfish bluetoothd[2196]: Unknown key PairableTimeout for group General in /etc
/bluetooth/main.conf
helmi 16 18:51:48 Sailfish bluetoothd[2196]: Unknown key Channels for group GATT in /etc/bluetooth
/main.conf
helmi 16 18:51:48 Sailfish systemd[1]: Started Bluetooth service.
helmi 16 18:51:48 Sailfish bluetoothd[2196]: bluetoothd[2196]: Starting SDP server
helmi 16 18:51:48 Sailfish bluetoothd[2196]: Starting SDP server
helmi 16 18:51:48 Sailfish bluetoothd[2196]: bluetoothd[2196]: Failed to open RFKILL control device
helmi 16 18:51:48 Sailfish bluetoothd[2196]: Failed to open RFKILL control device
helmi 16 18:51:48 Sailfish bluetoothd[2196]: bluetoothd[2196]: Bluetooth management interface 1.3 initialized
helmi 16 18:51:48 Sailfish bluetoothd[2196]: Bluetooth management interface 1.3 initialized

On another attempt:
helmi 16 22:32:47 Sailfish bluetoothd[761]: Failed to set mode: Failed (0x03)
helmi 16 22:32:47 Sailfish bluetoothd[761]: bluetoothd[761]: Failed to set mode: Failed (0x03)
helmi 16 22:32:47 Sailfish bluetoothd[761]: bluetoothd[761]: Endpoint unregistered: sender=:1.42 path=/MediaEndpoint/A2DPS
ource
helmi 16 22:32:47 Sailfish bluetoothd[761]: bluetoothd[761]: Endpoint unregistered: sender=:1.42 path=/MediaEndpoint/A2DPS
ink
helmi 16 22:32:47 Sailfish bluetoothd[761]: Endpoint unregistered: sender=:1.42 path=/MediaEndpoint/A2DPSource
helmi 16 22:32:47 Sailfish bluetoothd[761]: Endpoint unregistered: sender=:1.42 path=/MediaEndpoint/A2DPSink
Warning: Journal has been rotated since unit was started. Log output is incomplete or unavailable.

Xperia X and Gemini successfully updated. I haven’t tested everything yet, but all the main features I use work fine. Thanks for the Slovak. :+1: :boom:

Workaround: copy url from native browser to Opera and proceed.
Suggestion: create an option to change the default browser.

1 Like

@jovirkku Any chance of sailfish-audiorecorder showing up in the store (as opposed to just being available in the repos)?

2 Likes

I have just installed Koli on my XA2 Dual Sim and Signal -as well as Threema and Telegram- work as a charme while connected to WiFi or cellular. Maybe your Signal installation is somehow messed up. I use the direct download from Signals Website.

And i wanted to be an architecture hipster…

:+1:t5: That’s a great idea! I successfully used SF connect to use my desktop browser for this (you have to copy the final link back to the SF browser).

Thanks @attah. Those two lines seem to be somewhat contradicting. The work is still ongoing, so “not supported” is closer to the truth. I will consider those text lines again.

Could you be so kind and try again?

It works now!
The curse and blessing of working from home; publishing apps during lunch.

2 Likes

Which version have you downloaded? Have you installed microG?

I have Version 5.3.12 and microG installed. But it tells me that it does not find “Google Services”. And contacts are also not loaded.

Yes, it is 5.3.12 but I do not use Google services of any kind. Notification is slower but it works for me.

Bluetooth seems to be somehow broken in 4.0.1.45/48.
With the JollaC I can activate it, but no icon appears in the status bar. Searching for devices and transferring data works, however.
With the XperiaX, I was able to activate it a few times at random, but not at all at the moment.
Maybe it has something to do with: Failed to open RFKILL control device

2 Likes

Hi sailors. Would you have some time to look at my issue with account providers please? I cannot configure my existing accounts, see [4.0.1.45] Account configuration is not working Problem seems to be in close-source part of Sailfish, so I am unable to dig deeper…

@WT.Sane Last three days Signal has worked fine with both Cellular and Wlan so I don’t think there is anything really broken in the application. Since I fixed the situation using Sailfish tools only I believe there is a very small problem somewhere in Sailfish cellular data configuration for XA2. Something a reboot or restarting enough subsystems will fix.

:open_mouth:From which repositories can we download Signal?

I recommend to download from the official website: https://signal.org/android/apk/

2 Likes