[release notes] Koli 4.0.1

Re Clock - if still not working have you tried the solution in Sailfish Core Apps do not work after Update to Sailfish 4.0.1.45 (sandboxing problem?)

devel-su pkcon install --allow-reinstall jolla-clock

1 Like

The “computer” side of things seems to be working fine on my XperiaX 5122.

However, there is NO ANDROID whatsoever. Everything just crashes at startup. This is disappointing as there are a couple of apps that are supported on 4.x and which I still use :frowning:

And with the Jolla C Phone?
How long will this device be supported?

I’d think SFOS 4.* will be the last one. They should drop all those handicapped oldies.

Hello @ninepine,
thank you very much for this hint.
It is a little bit strange: This solution works (the clock-app starts after reinstalling) - but after a phone-restart the issue appears again.

For me, the circumstance is not too tragic, since I planned to reinstall the system anyway.
If I could have solved the problem, I would have postponed the reinstallation to a later time.
Now I wait until the official version is available and then do a “Sailfish restart”!
(There are some other little problems that I hope to solve this way).

Thanks for the feedback.

Edit: Now I have it! After I read the original post then but correctly. First “pkcon remove harbour-dynclock”, then again “devel-su pkcon install --allow-reinstall jolla-clock”! Now it works even after a reboot.

Thanks again!

1 Like

I do the same, except that I had replaced /etc/hosts with a symbolic link to the modified file. That had pretty fatal consequences in 4.0.1.15.

@remote My Jolla C works fine. In what way handicapped?

2 Likes

Upgrading from 4.0.1.45 to 4.0.1.48 -> Problem with store, could not determine size of the update.

Maybe there’s a rush on the server, I will try again later.

4 Likes

same issue here - will try again later

Hi.
Sorry and thanks for reporting. There was a reason other than rush. Fixed now. Please try again.

7 Likes

Upgrade from 4.0.1.45 to 4.0.1.48 a few minutes ago without any problems (Xperia Xa2 / single).
Everything seems to be working fine!
Thank you very much for all the fantastic work!

1 Like

Upgrading from 4.0.1.45 to 4.0.1.48. My X says to uninstall libcontentaction-qt5 and nemo-qml-plugin-contentaction.
Doesn’t look right to me??

@eson You may have had mister magisters repository enabled and updated to his version… he has removed the rpms today.
https://openrepos.net/content/mistermagister/libcontentaction-qt5-url-distinction

1 Like

you are right, there was an notification within storeman to update this packages.
Question is now, how to remove the packages without breaking the system to start the update to 4.0.1.48.
Or is it safe to ignore the message from the updater “Uninstall the follwing before proceeding with the sailfish OS update”

Upgrading from 4.0.1.45 to 4.0.1.48 seems to have worked quite well.

(tagging @Mister_Magister for this)

Thanks for the new EA, update went smooth and no issues for my Gemini.

I don’t have libcontentaction-qt5-url-distinction installed so I don’t hink that’s it. I do have mister magisters repository enabled though. Forgot to remove it since I tested his Yottagram.

Hmm first of all it shouldn’t break anything as package wasn’t updated by jolla.
Second of all you shouldn’t remove those packages.
Third, update might be able to downgrade/upgrade it to jolla ones
Fourth, downgrade/upgrade it to jolla ones via zypper

How dare you! :smiley:

1 Like