Questions about the Jolla C2 Community Phone

It will most likely have AOSP under Sailish, so Android kernel, I guess

1 Like

Dual SIM (nano) + microSD

Does that mean, this is finally a device with a separate microSC slot, not overlapping with the SIM slots and allo three slots can be used at the same time?

2 Likes

To others it might not be important, but in my case, i would like to buy a product that is completely google free.

It might sound a bit exaggerated, but itā€™s the way i prefer.

1 Like

How can one be 100% sure of that?

Is there anyway to find out more about it?

1 Like

Please define ā€œGoogle Freeā€ and what the Linux Kernel has to do with it.

You are not going to find a phone that is capable of running Android (like the C2 very likely is) running a kernel without Binder for example. Which is Android-specific and coming from Google.

And that is also in the mainline kernel.

You also will not find a ā€œmainlineā€ kernel without any Google contributions in it.

1 Like

Thanks for asking @sebix . Yes, there are 3 separate slots in the tray.

5 Likes

If you use the voucher you get ā‚¬50 off from the price, so you and paying ā‚¬249.

The voucher codes are delivered for each when final payment opens (by the end of July 2024).

1 Like

Dear @rainemak, I saw that you gave a status update regarding Sony Xperia 10 IV and V here: https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/xperia-1-iv-5-iv-and-10-iv-support/11394/259 I guess many people appreciate the update.

Would it be possible to also give an update how things are progressing with the C2?

5 Likes

Yes indeed, weā€™ll provide an update in coming days.

16 Likes

This document got a new revision today. Two issues were observed with the removal of AppSupport. The document covers those issues now.

3 Likes

@jauri.gagarin.II et al., hereā€™s an update on Jolla C2 Community Phone deliveries and status.

7 Likes

Thanks a lot for the update, very appreciated!