Questions about the Jolla C2 Community Phone

I don’t know. But if I would have to bet, I would bet MNO (MEO, in this case)…

I don’t know which party initiates the handover so it could be a bug with the carrier and not the phone itself.

There’s not even a guarantee a phone that generally supports VoLTE (e.g. Xperia 10 II or III) will work with your specific carrier. There is a thread on this forum somewhere which lists all the possible combinations of phones and telcos which may support VoLTE on SFOS.

1 Like

I know, but no feedback with respect to Portugal… (no Sony sold here…)

Then it’s probably up to you to find it out the hard way, should you ever want to upgrade to a newer phone.

I’m not 100% but i’m afraid that some devices being sold outside the county area they are being sold, while using a sim card from the current location, will not work well at some point.

For example, buying a phone from China or USA and trying to use it with a Spanish Mobile Operator sim card while living in Spain will not work 100%.

I think it has do with the way each country has their own networks and protocols with Operators.

This is just a feeling i have, no prof it actually is like this, but for some reason, some nokia phones being sold on USA are not available in Europe.

I have changed the title to a more friendly one.

You can see the live stream and read the newsletter, Sailfish Community News, 23rd May 2024 - Jolla Day 2 recap there are some info there.

FYI, Xperia X and Xperia XA2* were sold in Portugal.

In Europe they are obligated under some conditions.

From where is this info?

When you go buy the phone, in the purchase menu says so (about the voucher):

Legal terms and disclaimers

Based on your voucher order, we will place a committed order to our manufacturing partner to ensure timely delivery.

I understand that the voucher is non-refundable and the purchase is final.

Jolla

I might be very wrong but I don’t understand it like that. I think it’s best we ask for official answer on that.

Yes, there is room for a different interpretation.

Also, i don’t understand if the 50 euros will be discounted from the total price or it will remain 299€ as here says:

Reserve your Jolla Community Phone today with a €50 voucher:

You can secure the phone from the limited batch.
You get a 12 month Sailfish OS full license subscription valued at €59.88 (€4.99/month).
You can use the voucher to get €50 off from the price (€299).

Also if you read here: Jolla shop

There is a field for the voucher, but from where do you get the code before purchasing anything? If you purchase first, i think you can’t go back to the previous menu to apply the discount code.

If one does not install or uninstall it, will this option still appear on the menu or will it be completely removed and we will need to install the OS again for it to appear:

Thanks!

What “it”? What option? AppSupport?
Why would it be removed? You are not making sense.

Nephros said: “However, if 5.0 on C2 is anything like past SFOS releases, you can of course uninstall or opt to not install the Android App Support Add-On.”

And i just checked this article here:

So my question is if i remove it, the option will still appear in the phone menu like it shows in the video, or it will disappear?

Thanks!

Questions are constructed with “will it”, not “it will”.
If you uninstall AppSupprt, the related setting menu of course goes away - why wouldn’t it?

I’m talking about this option here after data counters.

Will it disappear if you uninstall? If so, you will have to install the os again for it to appear.

Is this correct?

Sorry for the trouble and thanks in advance.

Yes.

Why is this important or unexpected at all?

Of course not. You can just install Android App Support again.

2 Likes

Nothing serious, just that i dislike google to the point of having all logos and names associated with it completely removed from the phone.

1 Like

You will need it as you mentioned FB messenger, all native fb/whatsapp/discord etc proprietary apps are pretty much nonfunctional, so it’s either googol android app support or bust

What about these?

Facebook:

https://openrepos.net/content/nodevel/facebook-messenger-account

Youtube:

https://openrepos.net/content/mistermagister/microtube