Pure Maps (Native map app)

I noticed the same thing two days ago, when using HSL in Tampere, Finland. HSL’s developer community announced in their Twitter post that “starting from 3.4.2023, the use of the Digitransit production APIs will require registration and use of API keys.”

1 Like

@rinigus Thanks for the great app, I’ve been using it for years! :wink:
Question: Is there a way for me to transfer my history (Bookmarks) from my old phone to the new one? (J1 to X10iii)

Yes, you kan use MyBackup from Open Repos, to have it all in Jolla backup.

2 Likes

Its easy - just copy files in ~/.config/io.github.rinigus/PureMaps/ to your new device

Edit corrected the path for SFOS

3 Likes

Note there is no such folder on the J1, there it’s called ~/.config/harbour-pure-maps

I copied the pois.json and search-history.json to ~/.config/io.github.rinigus/PureMaps/ on the X10iii using Terminal and now everything is working great. Thanks so much!

2 Likes

On my Xperia 10 II with SFOS 4.5.19, the Pure Maps continues to crash. Suggestions?

1 Like

Try to switch on Framerate View. On my device this cures Puremaps from crashing. Even so the frame rates are really bad. See also here: Xperia X 10 II GPU heavily affected by GPS fix (Pure Maps and other GPS related apps) - #2 by silta

2 Likes

pure maps: 3.2.1-1.9.1.jolla (via chum); sailfish: 4.5.0.19; device: xperia xa2 plus

unfortunately it is not possible that my location can be found via gps. according to gpsinfo 7-8 satellites find me, also in here my position can be found in parallel.

i have tested it online and offline (osm scout server), also with different settings for the location on the phone (currently individual: yes/yes/no).

when i start a route in pure maps (always from the current screen center), there is a red sattelite at the top with the text “position unknown”).

is there anything else i have forgotten to set or anything i need to do to be able to use the app?

thank you very much!

give a try suplpatcher like here described:

So, GPS info is showing that the position is found, gives coordinates, “last update” is changing and is updated? In those conditions Pure Maps should show you the position as well. If it doesn’t, its some strange new bug.

To avoid confusion, please show GPSinfo screenshot with the position locked and in conditions where Pure Maps refuses to show location.

1 Like

thanks for the quick reply, i hope attached are the screenshots you need.
gpsinfo finds my position, also sailfish shows a white symbol in the toolbar (“gps working”). but in pure maps it can’t find my location.

edit: screenshots removed due to sensitive data.

Have you checked those found coordinates from gps info? Looks like Pure Maps shows some location and precision is 10 m.

1 Like

the coordinates in gpsinfo are correct. the position in pure maps is always in the center of the map (i went into a lake to see if it would change at some point).

Have you by chance enabled Development option to keep position at the center? Please check development settings in preferences

2 Likes

at first i thought you meant the developer mode of sailfish (which is off), but exactly the point in the settings of pure maps has solved the problem, thank you very much! i don’t know why this was activated, but i also never read more closely here because i fear literally “not knowing what i’m doing”. thank you very much!

1 Like

Hi out there, hi rinigus!

PM lost it’s capability to route spoken navigation to bluetooth devices two years ago (see this TMO-post.

Is there any chance to get this feature back, as this would be very helpful for navigating while riding bikes/motorcycles (otherwise PM speaks through the devices speaker in one’s pocket… :wink:)? Would be really cool…

Thanks in advance,
BGK

A feature request. Is it possible to implement some sort of one had zoom in/zoom out. LIke double tap, hold tap and move your thumb to zoom in/out.

I am sure it is a SFOS bug. On Sony Tama port it should be fixed (haven’t checked very recently) by a fix found by @Karry. We even may have some pull request or similar by him to SFOS lib (if I remember correctly), but it hasn’t been incorporated yet. As a topic resurfaces once in a long while, details are quite fuzzy.

Possible, should be. Just don’t have much time to work on it, sorry. But well, it is open source, so PRs are welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

Graphics i can do, code i cant so sadly i won’t be the one sending PRs your way. Hopefully someone does.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. Would it be possible to change the audio output in PM as a workaround?

Playing videos and music via the sailfish apps is possible via bluetooth, so if there would be a switch in PM to use the same behaviour as these apps, this would be great. Only downside would be that it wouldn’t be possible to listen to music and navigate at the same time, right?