Phone reboots randomly while charging

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): happened twice so far
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 3.4.0.22
HARDWARE (Jolla1, Tablet, XA2,…): Xperia 10
UI LANGUAGE: Slovenian
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): yes

DESCRIPTION:

Twice so far I woke up in the morning with the phone asking for my unlock PIN - it rebooted overnight.

PRECONDITIONS:

Unknown

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Connect the phone to the charger

EXPECTED RESULT:

Phone charges and stays turned on

ACTUAL RESULT:

Phone reboots

1 Like

I’ve seen something similar to my community port device.

Have had the same issue for a while on my xperia 10, also before he update to 3.4.0.22 and not only when charging.

1 Like

+1 to a lesser extent with Xperia X on 3.3.0.16, in case relevant. (About twice in three months of ownership, IIRC).

I my case random boots while charging or without charging were happening every second day for Xperia 10 when 3.2.x was installed. With 3.3.x it has been reduced to twice or so per month.

If I recall correctly then 3.3.x changelog also mentioned this improvement. I also had a look at 3.4.x changelog and there seemed to be no mentioning of Xperia 10 reboots. So I assume that would stay at “twice a month” level.

I’ve had random reboots on both Xperia X and 10, but they only happened when I tried to wake up the phone (I opened a separate report for that). The phone rebooting on its own while charging is new to me.

1 Like

Have the same issue when using a fast charger on XeperiaX. It reboots when hitting 100% level. Maybe it is a voltage regulator issue. When charging is stopped, there may be a short voltage drop which causes the reboot.
But in my case I’m dealing with this issue since I exchanged the accu to a new one. Never happend before with the first one mounted by manufacturer.

I’m using the original charger I got with Xperia 10.

Are we sure that the waking up isn’t what triggers the crash/reboot. When it hits 100% it wakes up. When you plug or unplug the charger it wakes up.

I have the same problem with my Xperia 10.

It started after the update to 3.4.0.22. It has happened now three times over night.

Unfortunately, the alarm does not work when the phone is waiting for the PINs…

I don’t know when the phone rebooted - both times I picked it up while it was still connected to the charger, and the screen was asking me for unlock code.

Same issue with my 10 plus i4293, look like this is caused by the charger, i have found some journal log after reboot

After the update to 3.4.0.24 the phone rebooted again during the following night (while charging).

During the last few nights, I did not have the problem any more.

I have the reboots “random” approximately once every two days… Also without charging at the moment!

1 Like