Patchmanager patches in Koli 4.0.1

Please, can you upload to Web catalog as some kind of fork of coderus original patch?

Maybe, iā€™m on 4.3 and it isnā€™t working anymore.

By the way, could someone tell me how to create a patch file? Iā€™m doing something wrong, because i always get a file not found error, when using my created unified patch file. Must be something about wrong paths in the fileā€¦

Are you using Windows when writing the patch? Line ends are different in linux & windows, and PM doesnā€™t check that.
[Edit:] I havenā€™t tested with the current PM version, but it gave me ā€œfile not foundā€-errors, if I made a patch in qtcreator and didnā€™t use notepad++ (or vi) to change the line endings to unix style.

Thatā€™s weird. On my 4.3 it works flawlessly.

Are you perhaps affected by https://github.com/sailfishos-patches/patchmanager/issues/71?

Miau, can you update this link, too? It doesnā€™t work.

Which link do you mean?

I figured it out myself, got these 3 patches working again in 4.3.

Launcher combined
No home caroussel[fork]
Enhanced lockscreen

Iā€™ll look into how to put these into the webcatalog.

1 Like

Sorry, I mean link to your update of No home carousel. You published it in February.

I just uploaded it to the web catalog.

Sorry, the first release in web catalog wasnā€™t working, new version should be fine.

3 Likes

Web Catalog says it was compatible with 2.1.1.24, I cannot imagine thatā€™s true, is it?

Thank you, set it to 4.2.

1 Like

Thanks for all forks. Perfect.
I wish you enough time and willingness for maintaining these forks as long as it could ;-).

Could someone also please make the ā€˜Animation settingsā€™ patch compatible with 4.3? Being able to adjust the speed of many animations is really useful.

Itā€™s working for me except it is conflicting with other patches. You can see conflicting patches from patch details. Some may work, but for me Launcher Combined donā€™t work with it. Also remember to allow incompatible patches from settings.

4.3.0.12 is now available as version in Web Catalog

1 Like

miau: Anyway, can you modify Enhanced lockscreen patch to unlock the phone only by swipe up gesture? Now, it can be unlocked also by side swipes.

Iā€™ve allowed incompatible patches and I donā€™t even have any other patches enabled, it simply refuses to apply. Iā€™ve tried both the version by ā€˜miaā€™ and the version by ā€˜kuba77ā€™, neither applies. donā€™t know what I could possibly be doing wrong!

Edit: oh, I think I know whatā€™s going on: the patch is looking for files in /usr/lib/, but Iā€™m using the Xperia 10 II, so the files are in /usr/lib64/. So, Iā€™ll change my request:

Could someone please make the ā€˜Animation settingsā€™ patch compatible with 64-bit Sailfish devices?

You can make it work manually with patch command, and direct it to the right file

Thereā€™s a bug for that and a release coming soonā„¢

1 Like