Oneplus 6(t) - THE port to get

So, hello hello. For the past months I’ve been advertising op6(t) as a port to get once i fix kernel panic and well… here we are!

Little backstory:

9 years ago… around 2015-2016 I ported motorola moto g 2014 as my first port. Then I started to advertise it as port to get because back then getting anything with sfos was insanely difficult as the only option was unobtainium jolla phone, or the russian one, while g2 is cheap and has fully working sfos.

VerdandiTeam was created by me and @k31j0 as a brand to represent quality ports that are being supported for years. And with moto g2 i’ve surpassed jolla and every other port in existance.

While people are still getting g2 and having great time with it (im not dropping it any time soon), people want something more modern that’s basically the same as g2. Fully working, unlike official xperia ports, stable, and with support for years. And precisely that is what op6(t) is.

Now I’ve fixed last remaining bugs after updating it from 3.3 to 4.6 and I think its ready for prime time and ready for all the people waiting for me to fix the issues, to grab op6 and enjoy sfos.

The port is insanely smooth, as in the UI. Normally you might not notice it but I’ve never seen port with UI as smooth as original jolla phone, not even my g2, microstutters are ruining it, and well op6(t) is the exception. It’s butter smooth 60fps.

Other than that, no crashes, everything is working, no suspend issues, no ram issues, no oom issues, literally everything is working* and its insanely stable, stable as a rock.

As much as I hate it, some people want aliendalvik, and if thats something you require, obtaining aarch64 rpms i leave to you, but if you obtain the rpm’s, I might just need to make couple changes to kernel and it should be working flawlessly as well. Not that i endorse piracy wink wink nudge nudge.

So ye, for the foreseeable future, op6(t) will be the device and port i recommend to people who are done with garbage xperia phones and ports, as a phone to get and port to get. If that’s something that interests you, jump in!

As to how long i’ll be supporting it… i don’t see end in sight with 4.9 kernel and mainline in the future.

ad. 1. ok okay not everything is working, on 6t fingerprint doesn’t work cause its in screen (it works in 6) and status led doesn’t work but thats so minor, if you tell me its dealbreaker…

16 Likes

Thank you for your work, this looks like an interesting porr. Regarding Android Support, i wouldn’t call it piracy if you own a SFos license and use your old phone to grab the necessary packages :wink:

but you would need an old phone yet new enough to run on 64 bit

And legally it still would be piracy since the license is explicitely limited to this specific device

1 Like

If you don’t use that old device at all, though…

I believe the statements below in the point 4 of terms of service Terms of Service - Jolla covers the act you are referencing:

“You are expressly prohibited from doing any of the following acts:”

“Copying any elements of our Services, including code, graphics, sounds, our name, trademark, logo or other proprietary information, without our prior written consent.”

“Circumventing or breaching any security or any authentication measures put in place by us”

I think writing about it in the forums is just inappropriate and this applies also to the OP.

“Encouraging or soliciting any third party to do any acts of the above acts or any other act that infringes these Terms of Service.”

2 Likes

I don’t think tgese paragraphs count, copying some rpms is not breaching any security.

Also Jolla didn’t care at all when this was done on older ports using tge okd Aliendalvik.

1 Like

This discussion was done multiple times before so please

4 Likes

The point is that there is a good device to run sfos with planned long time support.

Other than that, what I do with my phone for my personal use is my business. If you want to be restricted you might as well get an iPhone and enjoy a flawless device that restricts you from doing pretty much everything.

2 Likes

Sadly without VoLTE support any port is useless for me, but i keep my fingers crossed that jolla sharrs their code with the porting community. But thank you anyway :+1:

2 Likes

Hi @Mister_Magister, on the release page you stated that you haven’t got an enchilada device and therefore can’t test nor release the enchilada build. I have a OnePlus 6 enchilada resting on my Desk and would like to test an enchilada build. Do you need any device specific information or even your handy on that specific device to make this available?

1 Like

If you join my telegram group i can share the build with you to test it

@Mister_Magister
i am afraid your humility will harm you in the future !

2 Likes

I am afraid I don’t know what you mean?

Yup. I’ve got one. Nice phone. A perfect device for use on T-Mobile USA (naturally) except for that VoLTE thing since 3G is gone and 2G is pining for the Fjords. When asking on a UBPorts group if they were anywhere near getting that to work I was told – completely unironically – that I just didn’t appreciate what a great tablet this device is.

Still gonna try this port, of course, and thanks to Mister_Magister.

There’s always Waydroid for the terminally righteous Android-dependent user.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

guys forget about ad jesus

focus on topic

1 Like

3 Likes

What site and who am I stealing from?
Are you alright mate?