Ofonod cpu guzzling

As a side note, it does not happen if I just turn Bluetooth off. So it seems to be the Bluetooth disconnection procedure that makes this happen.

1 Like

For me it sometimes happens when my PineTime watch crashes and reboot (which seems to happen on average once every two days). After that it refuses to reconnect until I remove the pairing on the phone. At this time the phone warms up and ofonod goes into an endless loop polling an invalid file descriptor.

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

not quite sure if it’s ofono related, but I will try to explain what I have observed on my XA2.

Some time ago i realised, that the battery drainage vary during night time. So I installed SysMon to follow the CPU utilisation in a visual way. What I have seen is days and night times with high utilisation followed by days and night times with low utilisation. Strange think for me: This behaviour survived reboots and i have no clue what was causing this.

Yesterday I have seen this: I was on a low average utilisation the last days. After a missed call, the utilisation rose and stayed over night on a high position. This morning I got a call and answered it. After that the utilisation decreased again.

Unfortunately I don’t have logs for this. What would be a good way to investigate it further?

That’s likely the voicecall-ui bug. In some cases after a phonecall it keeps using CPU doing nothing. See [3.4.0.22] Voicecall-ui uses CPU on the background - #13 by KuroNeko

1 Like