[Official announcement] L10n strings for 3.4.0

Read about it here.
The people at Jolla could say Who needs anything beyond Finnish on their device anyway…

We have deadlines to meet, as is says in this thread:
“that’s why the progress needs to hit 100% during every translation round in order not to delay SFOS updates”

2 Likes

thanks, that’s also what I thought.

1 Like

The way it has worked out in practice since writing that text, is that official languages hit 100% almost every time, and those which not, catch up on the next release. All thanks to your effort!
Thus SFOS updates have not been, and will not be delayed because of that. That text will be revised, thank you for pointing out.

5 Likes

Hi, who is administrator for Slovak community, please?

It’s @zemiacsik, but they are not on this forum. I’ve pinged them on TJC, but looking at their inactivity, the position for a new coordinator is now open. Would you or any other active Slovakian contributor like to volunteer?

Ahoj @karry & @pawel.spoon, you have been the most active Czech translators, sadly it’s the opposite of what I could concede about the coordinators…
Would any of you (or others) like to step up to accept current suggestions and make it into the 3.4.0 please? As well as to maintain future contribs.

In addition to what others said, in many countries it is mandatory for the employer to provide software and other tools in the native language(s) of the country in question.

That’s a matter of equality. People who do not speak a foreign^[1] language should not be at a disadvantage when looking for a job where possible.

( [1] I use foreign in the original sense, not in the common US “the land of not-America” :wink: sense)

1 Like

Would any of you (or others) like to step up to accept current suggestions and make it into the 3.4.0 please? As well as to maintain future contribs.

It will be honor to me :slight_smile: What are rules for Reviewer role? May I accept my own suggestions?

2 Likes

Moc díki, Lukas! You are now the coordinator. I can automatically accept your own suggestions via a script, if you don’t want to do it by hand:)

I don’t know what that would mean to me. Apart from translation (suggestions and confirmations) something else? If nothing, I can try it.
I don’t know other Slovak contributors.
Is it still possible to implement Slovak into version 3.4?

@sledges, i was a native speaker, but thats long time back
so better not me

1 Like

Hi @sledges , I’ve finished the translation (suggestions) SK. It would be possible to batch accept my suggestions (via script?) and the suggestions of others if there are only one too? Others will have to be judged individually, I think.
Could you set me as a coordinator for SK? I would like to complete the entire SK translation.

1 Like

Hello @lhodas, thank you, you are now the coordinator!
I have accepted all single suggestions automatically for the Slovak language.

We have already branched internally several weeks ago, so it is not possible for this language to make it into 3.4.0 unfortunately.
A keyboard would also be required (do you use Czech layout, or could it do with some modifications?). [When flashing a device initially, a keyboard is automatically selected after choosing the system language during the first boot.]

The duties of a coordinator are outlined here: https://sailfishos.org/wiki/Translate_the_OS#Coordinators (cc: @karry, who asked the same question).

Hello @sledges, big thanks, it helped me a lot.

Slovak translation is ready (it shows 98%, but I didn’t find more to translate).
I understand that it will not included into version 3.4. :frowning:

I looked at the keyboard. In my opinion, the Czech keyboard is also suitable for Slovak (I have been using it for a long time together with an unofficial Slovak translation from Storeman). Only need to rename file cs.qml to sk.qml?. Is that just enough?. If not, where can I find more information about seting up/creating keyboard, please? Some info I found on the internet, but…I am not system guru :slight_smile: I have some experience with Gemini. There I created my own SK keyboard for Linux.

2 Likes

Hello, in
jolla-settings-accounts/settings-accounts.ts; ../declarative/JollaAccountSignInDialog.qml:180
is the difference between Username and Password.
There are two phrases for username
Username (item name)
and
Enter the user name (input information).

But, there is only one phrase for the password
Enter the password

I think there should be two phrases for the password as well
Password
and
Enter the password.

In the current state, the item Password is called Enter password.

Hi all!

Thank you so much for your great work so far! There are still some unfinished languages especially since there are a few new strings for the jolla-vault project.

Thanks!

Regards,

Jarkko

just reviewed the French translations, all good :slight_smile:

1 Like

So, we are ready for the release?

Because many many many companies, including mine, still need it. I know that’s a shame, but I am still working on moving to a foss solution part by part. It is not an easy task though. I have used exchange from active sync times centuries ago, there was no alternative, sadly.

We have delivered all the translations we got. A few languages still missing a few strings but they won’t make it to the next SW release. Let’s see when the release is ready to be delivered to everyone.