BUILD ID = OS VERSION: 220.127.116.11
HARDWARE: X10 II and X
UI LANGUAGE: English
REGRESSION: No, this issue happened with earlier OS versions (3 and 4).
Roaming doesn’t work for mobile internet connection.
Roaming is active in my settings, and whenever I travel in Europe, the mobile data “doesn’t work” (a.k.a No internet connection). SMS and phone calls do work. Network automatically goes back to 3G with a triangle signal. No errors displayed by the system.
Have roaming activated in the settings
- Activated roaming in your settings
- Travel abroad
- Wait to get that nice SMS message from your provider about roaming in this new country
When arriving in the new country, the roaming should be done automatically, with your “home” carrier suggesting it’s local replacement.
A local replacement is chosen automatically, there is some signal, but no internet connection.
- The network home and local (putted in parenthesis) are both recongnized.
- I tried this with different carriers. In different countries, across Europe and further.
- I always get that SMS from my home carrier telling me how many GB I can use in the country, how much additional SMS/phone calls would cost me, etc…
- I tried:
- restarting the phone
- manually choosing the carrier (not the company selected automatically)
- phone works with local SIM cards (yes, even the SIM cards from the automatically selected carrier by my “home” carrier)
- selecting other preferred networks (4G or 3G)
What I didn’t try:
- using a different url for the MMS and data access points (that would mean that my home SIM would try to connect to the local network which would refuse the connection, i guess)
I have a SIM card from Deutsch Telekom in my X10 II, I travel to Finland. Landing there I get the SMS from DT telling me that, because Finland is in the EU, I have 20Gb of mobile data, unlimited SMS and phone calls with the Telia carrier.
In my mobile network settings, roaming is activated, the phone recognized it and wrote “Network Deutsch Telekom (Telia)”, my prefered network type is 4G but in my upper home screen it’s written 3G (although Telia has a 4G network and that other phones are in 4G).
I don’t know which logs I could provide to help debugging, but feel free to tell me what to do and I’ll upload the logs.