Nextcloud backup still broken for host.tld/nextcloud

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): 100%
BUILD ID: 3.3.0.16
HARDWARE (Jolla1, Tablet, XA2,…): XA2
UI LANGUAGE: English
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): Yes

DESCRIPTION:

When using a nextcloud installation hosted at host.tld/nextcloud instead of nextcloud.host.tld backup does not function.
End of log error message looks like this:
Status = Finished
Removing working files in /home/nemo/.local/share/system/privileged/Backups-tmp/units/sailfish_backup_2020-09-13T14-59-38Z
[UI] Triggered backups upload to cloud account 5 from dir /home/nemo/.local/share/system/privileged/Backups/cloud
[UI] Uploading backup to cloud service
[UI] Sync error: , details:
[nemo@XperiaXA2 tmp]$

PRECONDITIONS:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Setup test account at host.tld/nextcloud
  2. Try to backup

EXPECTED RESULT:

Backup at my nextcloud server

ACTUAL RESULT:

Backup fails with above error message

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Filesync works fine with Android Nextcloud application I also have installed on this XA2 and another Android phone.

Previously discussed here: https://together.jolla.com/question/224331/330-issues-with-nextcloud-integration/

4 Likes

The integration is still badly broken in 3.4.0.24. But I found one thing that can explain a bit of the seemingly illogical behaviour in the new version: Even if I change the parameters in the Advanced section of the account setup, the integration will still use the old settings from somewhere!!! Even tried a reboot after the change. Still old paths in the Nextcloud access log. The only way to really change the paths was removing and then reentering the account.
Using a Nextcloud server with

1. Selfsigned certificate
  2. Direct path to Nextcloud with no subpath

But ATM the situation is like this:

• Calendar seems to work
  • Address sync seems to work
  • Uploading a photo seems to work but no auto upload of new photos, let alone syncing of all photos.
  • Backup to Nextcloud fails. Cannot even find any logging any more.
  • No way to manually upload/download a file to Nextcloud

Was really expecting more from the update.

I also installed NextCloud on my Synology NAS and tried to conect to via acount settings in Sailfish OS. It failed. I have used 2 users in NextCloud. One with a two way authenticator, the other without. The Android app works fine, even with two way authenticator. The connection i use is via Local Area Network, so i can not connect otside my WiFi. Is there somewhere a “howto” guide for connecting NextCloud to Sailfish OS?

Are you still experiencing this bug? On which version did you test? Is your Nextcloud accessible from the Internet or only on your LAN? See this bug report No Backup possible on Nextcloud in local network
Thank you in advance.

please have a look to my comment on my bug report; the one you linked above.
BR
Lukas

I gave up on this… My nextcloud is currently not running enymore on my discstation. dont have it running at all…