New feature requests

Search: I use the extention made by coderus for several.years. But shouldn’t this be default in Sailfish?

2 Likes

And if you prefer Ecosia with its tree-planting programme, then:
curl https://www.ecosia.org/opensearch.xml -o /usr/lib/mozembedlite/chrome/embedlite/content/ecosia.xml

4 Likes

Yes. :slight_smile:
[20 chars…]

And another yes.

For N9/x0 it was three seconds for shut down.
For N9/50 it was 8s for HW power off / reset / battery decoupling / name it…

1 Like

There are quite a few ‘extensions/applications/patches’ made by coderus (and of course also other developers) that could/should be part of a default installation!

A big
THANK YOU
to coderus et al
for keeping up (and adapting).

6 Likes

Yes, I agree. Coderus did many good things for Sailfish and others too. I installed several fine apps that I use every day.Thanks to all devs.

3 Likes

-PGP for emails (in a doable way)

-html in mail signatures

(-fish encryption for the communi irc port / I have already bribed people on fiverr with a lot of money for implementing that, but on fiverr ther are no SFOS folks)

2 Likes

@jemmjemm: I did so and the command was working successfully. But it works only in devel-su (root) mode, not in “normal” developer mode (as user nemo).

BUT, this ecosia led me to Bing ! At the first use, address (URL) was Ecosia, but Bing appeared on top of the screen, at my first attempt to use it. After this I switched back to Duck, and then back to Ecosia. Now Ecosia appears at the top of the screen.

Maybe good for environment and the trees, ??? for data safety… I’m only thinking by myself… or did I make a mistake? Is Ecosia an alternative name for Bing?

@Seven.of.nine Yes, it should be done by root user.

If I recall correctly, then first time after adding ecosia.xml, browser also for some reason flashed Bing site. But as that has not itself repeated later, I did not pay attention to this strange behavior.

Ecosia and DuckDuckGo both use Bing as data source, but DuckDuckGo has added also other sources to generate search results.

2 Likes

I suggest to modify Alarm screen of Clock app. When I’m setting alarm time (hours and minutes) with my fingers on circle dial I can’t see set numbers. Is it possible to simply move digits somewhere above circle dial? I made rough example in attachment …

6 Likes

You don’t need to have the finger touched inside the circle when dragging the wheel. You can as well tap on the inner control and then move the finger (still on the surface) to the outside. This also gives you more granularity.

5 Likes

To set exact time, I need to move two white spots (one for hours, one for minutes) of circle around, sometimes in 180-360 degree. It is still more comfortable to look for digits above circle. Especially when you hold your device with one hand and setting time with same hand. Vice versa no matter of where I exactly tap the circle (if it is on circle or tap and move outside circle) many times I have overlaid my view with my finger …

A feature I would suggest and like to see is the ability to add/send a photo or link within the messaging app. As it stands I leave the messaging app go to the gallery app, select the photo then share it back to the messaging app recipient.
Can the functionality be added to simply click a + symbol and attach a file right from within the messaging conversation?

Thanks

6 Likes

Adding the ability to sync Notes app with Microsoft’s one note or Evernote. Also, better standby time for all devices would be amazing.

For the calendar:
Please add a funftion to choose free the time the alarm sounds before the date/time of event.
Presently there are only some times chooseable, that aren’t always fitting. E.g. I can choose alarm sound 2 hours before the event and next possibility is 6 hours before the event. If I need 3 hours I can’t enter this.

1 Like

Not exactly what you asked for, but I’ve implemented the alarm at a given time, and it was approved recently, see:

With it you can freely choose when the alarm will ring, in term of a givent date and time, not in term of relative time to the event. It won’t be in the coming version yet because it was included only very recently.

5 Likes

Great idea, created task in internal task manager. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Can you somehow send this idea to Jolla devs? Or can ordinary users do it? Thanks.

How about leaving the given timeframes but adding an input field for setting up a individual time window!? That would be the easiest way :slight_smile:

More video codecs would be nice. Copy Raspberry Pi video codec distribution model. Or atleast community-based how-to guides. In Openrepos there is really neat TVheadend client but lacking playback functions because lack of codecs.

1 Like