Network broken for some Android Apps in 4.2.0.19

So we have now allot of informations. There are quite allot of people dealing with this issue. But how to solve it? What changed between SFOS 4.1 and 4.2 that the wifi (DNS, …?) in android is broken? What kind of log is needed for deeper investigation?

Just to make it clear. When I want to use firefox at the moment, there are several possibilities:

1. I open firefox and use it.
  2. I open firefox and see that there is not network connection.
    2.1. I switch wifi off and on. After that I can use the firefox.
    2.2. If this is not working I restart android support and can use the firefox.
    2.3. If this is not working I have to restart my phone. After that finally I can use firefox.

The same case with all other android apps. In case of the signal messenger I even don´t know, is it connected right now or not. So in some cases it takes few hours to receive a message instead of regularly few seconds.

So in worst case I have to reboot my phone to get an app working. How can solve this? Who we/I can help?

2 Likes

i often do the same but experience the described problems when coming back and switching to wifi again.

i then have to restart android support.

yes, in other Linux Systems someone would maybe create a Shell script to restart Android support on changing Networks. I don’t have skills to do that, but imagine it might be a quick fix…

Nice ambience. Where did it come from?

Thank you. It’s just a photo I have taken in Berlin. I did not use the camera of my phone, though. :slight_smile:

And finally it happened to me, too!
Today I switched off WiFi and switched to LTE as I left home and a minute later I found out that Android had lost all network connection.

Coming back home I turned off LTE and switched to WiFi and again: no network connection for Android apps.

Strange.
In both cases the remedy was to turn either LTE or WiFi off and on again.

“Hello? Roy, IT. Are you sure it’s plugged in? Have you tried turning it off and on again?”

same here (4.2.0.21 Xperia XA2)

the strange thing is some apps are more funerable than others. Telegram often is ‘waiting for network’ when I switch Wifi on after it has been off for a while (never after reboot), but WhatsApp or Firefox never give any problems.

So, not all Android apps suffer this is my experience.

All my apps are installed with Aptoide.

I also have this telephone audio problem which is a lot discussed here at the forum. Sometimes, I am called, and the other site doesn’t hear me, until I reboot, than it works for a while. I can always hear them.

Same here, and the best workaround for me, too.

There are other threads reporting the same issue which became prevalent after the upgrade to 4.2.0.19.
Here

and here

I investigated the problem and maybe this might help. I usually switch WiFi and mobile Networks on and off manually when I enter or leave home.

If I allow a short period of time of a minute or so for both connectivity settings to be active, I seem not to have any disconnects with Android apps.